Complaint Review: WPI*friends

• Updated: Fri, September 07, 2007

• Reported By:woy woy
WPI*friends
WPI*friends Internet U.S.A.

WPI*friends Suppossed free (to assist a disabled pensioner) $26 fraudently deducted from my M/card. This site is a scam of shame. internet

*UPDATE Employee: Reply from iFriends

Back in July,I logged into Myfreepaysite which promoted I-friends as 'free';this to assist my disabled friend whom I care for 24/7.It's method of assurring the use of credit card details was for age verification proved to be deceptive as 2 debits totalling approx.$26 has been their idea of free!

I've contacted my credit card provider,but I simply am frustrated by not being able to directly contact WPI*friends nor has 3 e-mails to the original link been forthcoming.

This is fraud.It's deceit.Its dishonest.To my disabled friend,he's blaming himself for asking me to join him & the subsequent finiacial loss to me.He hasn't even gone into the site!!The sad thing is that he simply wanted to "talk" to his hope of new friends;thus this site is also cruel.

Simon
woy woy
Australia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2007 03:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WPIfriends/internet/WPIfriends-Suppossed-free-to-assist-a-disabled-pensioner-26-fraudently-deducted-from-m-271249. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WPI*friends

Reply from iFriends

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

Simon's complaint primarily seems to be discussing the website "myfreepaysite." While "myfreepaysite" does provides links to the iFriends website, "myfreepaysite" is not associated with our company or service. If Simon created an account with "myfreepaysite," he will need to contact them directly to resolve any issues he may have with that account.

Simon did create an account with iFriends. We have located that account and refunded the charges for which he was billed. We have also cancelled the account. Our "Customer is Always Right" policy means that we will take whatever action is necessary to provide each customer with complete satisfaction, including making refunds for any charges which a customer has incurred but disputes. If Simon has any further questions, we encourage him to contact us directly at 0011-800-4374-3637. This is a toll-free call from Australia.

Simon mentions that he sent several emails to "the original link" but had received no response. It is not clear what link Simon was using but unfortunately, we never received any communication from Simon to indicate that he was not happy with the iFriends service. Each credit card charge contains a toll-free number, specific to the user's country, that can be used to contact us, and we provide a link for telephone and email contact information on every page of our website. Had Simon contacted us, either by email or phone, we would have been able to handle his concerns immediately, as we strive to do for all customers (http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/261/RipOff0261692.htm is just one example of a satisfied consumer).

Our company has a spotless 11-year-record with all of the leading consumer protection agencies, and we are an industry leader in the development of model online consumer best practices. Every one of our web services is verified by TRUSTe to be on its sealholder list of "the most trustworthy online businesses."