Complaint Review: WPI*iFriends

• Web:
  • Category: Websites

WPI*iFriends Made Unauthorized Charges To My Credit Card ! Lake Worth Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Reply from iFriends

I Used My Card As Age Verification, & Was Assured I Would Not Be Charged Without Notice ! I Never Accessed Any Of Their Services Or Received Notice Of Any Charges, But Have Now Found Charges !

I Travel A Lot For Work, So Its Difficult To Keep Track Of Expenditures & Don't Always Have Time To Check Everything, But I Will Be From Now On ! If I Have Any Say, All These People Will Be In Prison, Forever !!

I See Now Why There Is Little, If Any Contact Information For This Company, Or At Least Any I Could Find That Was Valid ! I Pay If I Play, But I Refuse To Be A Victim !

Tom c.
Frenchville, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2008 10:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WPIiFriends/nationwide/WPIiFriends-Made-Unauthorized-Charges-To-My-Credit-Card-Lake-Worth-Florida-405246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WPI*iFriends

Reply from iFriends

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

Using the information provided on RipOffReport by Tom, we located his accounts with iFriends.

Tom created two accounts with iFriends in June 2008. The basic iFriends subscription is free however, when Tom created his accounts, he chose to upgrade to a premium level subscription on each one. On his first account, he chose to upgrade to the VIP subscription, which carries a fee of $6.95 per month. On his second account, he chose to upgrade to the Elite subscription, which carries a fee of $9.95 per month. These fees were clearly and conspicuously disclosed in advance, and Tom actively chose to create his accounts with these subscription types. As a result, Tom was billed for each type of account.

Each time we sent a charge to Tom's credit card, we also included a toll-free telephone number so that he could have immediately accessible contact information. In addition, we provide a link to email and telephone contact information on every page of our website. We also provide an online cancellation utility and an online help form that subscribers can access to quickly resolve any issues that may arise. Despite receiving multiple charges -- each one including our toll-free telephone number -- Tom never contacted us, and his accounts remained open and in good standing. Had he contacted us at any time in the past, we would have been happy to immediately refund the charges and cancel the account. Since he chose not to contact us, we had no way of knowing of his dissatisfaction.

Instead of contacting us, Tom chose to dispute the charges with his bank. As a result, his bank has issued refunds to him. Both of Tom's accounts are now closed and he will see no further charges. If Tom has any further questions, we encourage him to contact our Customer Care department at 1-800-243-9726.

Our company has an exemplary 13-year-record with all of the leading consumer protection agencies, and we are "best in class" in our industry in the development of model online consumer best practices. Every one of our web services is verified by TRUSTe to be on its sealholder list of the most trustworthy online businesses.