Complaint Review: WSI - World Sites

• Updated: Tue, June 28, 2005

• Reported By:London Europe
WSI - World Sites
5915 Airport Road, Suite 300 Toronto, Ontario Canada

WSI - World Sites ripoff Toronto Ontario *UPDATE.. Rip-off Report Investigation: WSI pledges to resolve all bona fide complainants and improve any problems with customer service

*Consumer Comment: Almost Ripped Off by WSI

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: my experience I think that they are a bunch of overworked overzealous hypocrites

*Consumer Comment: WSI

Rip-off Report Investigation:

WSI, a privately-owned company is legitimately established and is forthcoming about its location, identities of theirsenior management and its franchise opportunity. The company discloses any and all information about their operations to ensure the highest customer/franchise confidence.

Most complainants investigated to date by Rip-off Report appear to be competitors or ex-employees, although 3 of the Rip-off Reports had complete, bona fide contact information. WSI is actively working to resolve those cases. In many cases IP addresses of individuals "claiming" to be from the United States or from various countries internationally, but were actually found to be posted in Toronto, Canada - indicating reports were most likely filed maliciously and falsely under various identities, but were actually from the same group of only a few individuals.

WSI has experienced rapid growth. In the past it experienced some growing pains with respect to customer responsiveness, but has overcome it with additional support capability and improved customer service, systems and processes.

They appear to be a caring company - They work with and for kids around the world showing goodwill and financial support through many charitable organizations.

The company maintains strong reputable business partners, who help them enhance their operations and support; which includes IBM, Oracle and Price Waterhouse Coopers.

They pledge to fully address each and every person who has a bona fide complaint about them utilizing recommendations set forth in the Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, which WSI is participating in fully.

Read the full report on WSI.
=====================
NOW TO THE ORIGIONAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED
=====================

Totally agree with previous report by Juan of Mexico City. I too have been fooled by this company and invested a large sum of money in what is basically a rip off. I can only repeat what Juan said:

I am another fooled individual who "invested" in a WSI franchise, they used all kind of tricks to make the sale, they say they have a very tough selection process, the truth is if you have the money, you qualify.

They used all kind of tricks to put pressure to make the sale, like saying you cannot apply again if you do not decide right away, the price has just rised but they'll keep the same just for you (the price is the same after 2 years), you can recover your investment in 4 months.. (I have 24 consecutive months in red numbers, now I am broke).

They say their "system" has no competition, but that is absolutelly a lie.

Also say that you need no sales experience nor technical experience, if you don't have BOTH don't even bother hearing them.

You can expect a "Director" to get in touch with you, saying it is a privilege, Actually, everybody is a Director in WSI.

So, Don't be stuipid, make a sure investment in your money, and don't be fooled by this kind of companys that only want your money ando don't care if you make a good business or not.

I can assure you there is plenty of unhappy WSI (or world sites, is just the same) exfranchisees world wide.

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY LAWSUITS TAKEN OUT SUCCESSFULLY AGAINST THIS COMPANY? IF SO PLEASE PUBLICISE DETAILS AS I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO THEM.

No doubt WSI will come up with a rebuttall based on me not being a real franchisee but an 'agent' of a rival company. You better believe it this is real and you don't want to end up in the same nightmare!

Tony
London
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2004 06:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WSI-World-Sites/Toronto-Ontario/WSI-World-Sites-ripoff-Toronto-Ontario-UPDATE-Rip-off-Report-Investigation-WSI-pledg-91729. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WSI - World Sites

Almost Ripped Off by WSI

AUTHOR: Simbarashe - (Zimbabwe)

People, I want to thank you for your letters to this site. I was almost ripped off by WSI but a grave mistake on their part made me get curious and make further enquiries.

I applied online (I am based in Zimbabwe)for the franchise and got a call from a Dorector who promised to call the next day and start discussions with me. He told me of the rigourous selection process and I felt great getting a call all the way from Canada, from a Director for that matter. He called the next day and we spoke - he promised to call again and on the clock everyday, he'd call and we'd speak.

One day I received a call from a number similar (on my mobile) to that which the Director called me on. The guy was offering me entry into a Green Card lottery (in exchange for some money of course) and yet he refused to tell me where he was calling from (he said a secret location in Europe (yet the number reflected the same number used by WSI for a least five conversations).

I then asked a friend who is based in Canada to check these guys out for me and that's who referred me to this site.

I also found it funny that all the guys I spoke to (four in total) where of Asian (Indian)origin and I knew the company as a Canadian company with most "Directors" being white - yet I spoke to four Indian "Directors".

Thank you all very much for your honesty. You've saved me a fortune.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: C - (Canada)

I used to work for the company and frankly I think that they are a bunch of overworked overzealous hypocrites. They fired me because I was not willing to work more than 35 hours a week and I did not subscribe to their cult like positive attitude like they think they are somehow better than other people.

As far as I am concerned - It does not matter that they have been rated #1 - they are too indoctrinated like they are going to be the next Microsoft. Like that is a great thing to want to be Microsoft is just a Capitalist Bully that works there employees to death and they are out to crush every one of their competitors to me it's a pretty shallow goal to want to be like them.

I was a good person before this company destroyed me since they fired me 6 months ago for no good reason, my wife has left me and I will tell the world what a piece of shit company this is until the day I die.

Here is my gift of retaliation I am posting a copy of their Top Secret Project they have been working on developing as a joint project with the Hong Kong Polytechnic Institute

Workshop Contents

(((REDACTED)))

Rip-off Report REDACTED the copy that was below. According to the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), allegedly the copy that was provided below infringed upon the copyrights of others. Rip-off Report will comply with these laws when put on notice that there was a violation.

WSI

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

Thanks guys for saving me a bunch of money. I have been going through the interview process with a rep from WSI and found this website!

Thank you! Thank you!! thank you!!!