planetary

• Updated: Mon, February 26, 2007

• Reported By:Mississauga Ontario
WSI
5520 Explorer Mississauga, Ontario United States of America

WSI Multi-Level Marketing Scam Ripoff Mississauga Ontario *UPDATE.. Rip-off Report REVIEW: Most complainants appear to be competitors and disgruntled ex-employees with axe to grind

*Consumer Comment: I've been contacted by this firm, too.

*UPDATE Employee: Technology experts.that's a joke.

*Consumer Comment: SHOW ME THE MONEY

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: my experience I think that they are a bunch of overworked overzealous hypocrites

Rip-off Report REVIEW:

WSI, a privately-owned company is legitimately established and is forthcoming about its location, identities of theirsenior management and its franchise opportunity. The company discloses any and all information about their operations to ensure the highest customer/franchise confidence.

Most complainants investigated to date by Rip-off Report appear to be competitors or ex-employees, although 3 of the Rip-off Reports had complete, bona fide contact information. WSI is actively working to resolve those cases. In many cases IP addresses of individuals "claiming" to be from the United States or from various countries internationally, but were actually found to be posted in Toronto, Canada - indicating reports were most likely filed maliciously and falsely under various identities, but were actually from the same group of only a few individuals.

WSI has experienced rapid growth. In the past it experienced some growing pains with respect to customer responsiveness, but has overcome it with additional support capability and improved customer service, systems and processes.

They appear to be a caring company - They work with and for kids around the world showing goodwill and financial support through many charitable organizations.

The company maintains strong reputable business partners, who help them enhance their operations and support; which includes IBM, Oracle and Price Waterhouse Coopers.

They pledge to fully address each and every person who has a bona fide complaint about them utilizing recommendations set forth in the Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, which WSI is participating in fully.

Read the full report on WSI. ===================== NOW TO THE ORIGIONAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED =====================

I got a job posting a while ago from my old college for a sales position at a company called WSI. I trusted the job would be legit since it was a posting sent to me from my school.

It turned out to be a multi-level marketing scam. You can get all the dirt on this shady business from the other posts. I'm just going to post some new information that wasn't available just incase other people got the same job posting and want to run a search on it. I tried looking up the name and address before my interview, and nothing came up. In the job posting, the company name is different.

I don't want anyone else wasting their time going to one of these interviews, or worse off, end up working for this company. It is stricly commission based.

Here's the job posting I received, which includes all the info.

PositionTitle = Regional Franchise Development Director PositionType = FullTime JobLocation = Toronto (near Airport) AreasOfStudy = International Sales NumberOfPositions = 6 RateOfPay = Performance base ApplyByEmail = Yes ApplicationDeadline = April 30th, 2005

JobDescription = To conduct interviews over the phone with prospective applicants who are interested in becoming a Franchise business owner in one of over 87 countries world wide that our #1 world ranked franchise is offered.

RequiredSkills = Basic MS Office computer skills, Good communication skills and a desire to learn within a fast paced industry by leaders in the industry.

CompanyName = PSII Name = Mr. Ray MacNeil Title = Executive Mentor Address = 5520 Explorer City = Toronto Province = Ontario Country = Canada PostalCode = L4V1T1 Fax = 905-206-2700 Email = rjmacneil@wsicorporate.com

Notes = All resumes will be held in confidence and only qualified resumes will be contacted.

Bob Mississauga, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2005 04:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WSI/Mississauga-Ontario-L4V1T1/WSI-Multi-Level-Marketing-Scam-Ripoff-Mississauga-Ontario-UPDATE-Rip-off-Report-REVIEW-142089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WSI

I've been contacted by this firm, too.

AUTHOR: Cris - (U.S.A.)

I spoke with a telemarketer with a heavy accent who talked in circles for about five minutes before I finally cut him off and said that I had no idea what he was talking about and hung up.
Could anybody explain this firm's business model in plain English? Ripoff Report claims that this firm is on the up and up, but how can a firm that can't even explain it's own business model be legit?

Technology experts.that's a joke.

AUTHOR: J - (U.S.A.)

Technology experts.that's a joke. They don't even understand the difference between an Intranet and an Extranet. This is some of the propaganda they are pushing in their supposed "Amazing Secrets" book, and you can see they clearly don't have the technology to offer true Intranet solutions, so they are trying to pass off their Extranets as Intranets. This is a classic example of the spin they put on things to basically push their second rate products.

"Any example of a password-protected area on an Internet site is an example of an Intranet. These can be used to create communities within

companies and facilitate internal communication such as setting up user-administered human resource departments. They can also be used

to create communities of suppliers, business partners, and customers outside the company.

Some examples include the CBC Newsworld

Internet site, and chat groups for stock investors and other communities

of interest.

The speed of the uptake of email installations from large to small organizations supports the fact that email delivers business benefits and

d e l i ve rs them fast. But the real benefits are gained when the communication is centralized and a database of the core information is

developed by way of an Intranet.

Centralized corporate communication increases organizational learning and prevents the duplication of resources. Across a company with

varying geographic boundaries, centralized communication can significantly increase the adaptability, level of innovation, and ability of

an organization to provide profitable solutions and meet increasing customer demands. The level and degree of collaboration that occurs is

increased, especially over geographically dispersed locations.

Distribution of internal newsletters, training manuals, employe e handbooks and other policy materials are some of the larger

components of corporate administrative expense. What if these could be placed on an Intranet so that any employee could access this

information at their convenience? Imagine the savings in paper, printing, distribution, and update costs-not to mention the convenience of knowing where to find all this information when the need arises.

Organizations that need to develop knowledge bases for company-wide use would benefit significantly from an Intranet. Have you noticed how most of the information stored in your own office is rarely used? If this is the case with most people in the company, then you can imagine how much information is sitting on company shelves. One can easily imagine how useful this information would be if it was available at everyone's fingertips-through an Intranet!

SHOW ME THE MONEY

AUTHOR: Darren - (Ireland)

Hi, I was searching for a franchising opportunity and came across WSI thru a 3rd party website. I filled in a request for more information and the next thing I new I was involved in a series of "interviews"(High pressure sales calls) As a former telemarketer for a leading credit card company I recognised all the hard sell techniques and closing statments. Every time I made a positive statment the nice lady tried to close the deal. I was then told that a director of the company would call me to give some more detailed info as everytime I asked how much individual consultants were making the subject was changed. The next day I was called by a "DIRECTOR" and we began the same process but when I stated that I wasn't going to be investing for a period of up to 6 months the conversation went cold. I was informed that it only takes 3 weeks to evaluate the franchise agreement and that a 25% deposit was needed at this stage with the balance due soon after. Hardly the perfect way to begin a business relationship I thought! The conversation ended very abubtly and my 40 minute "interview" was cut to 5 min with 2words "NO MONEY"

I think that should tell you all you need to know. Be very carefull with these people.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: C - (Canada)

I used to work for the company and frankly I think that they are a bunch of overworked overzealous hypocrites. They fired me because I was not willing to work more than 35 hours a week and I did not subscribe to their cult like positive attitude like they think they are somehow better than other people.

As far as I am concerned - It does not matter that they have been rated #1 - they are too indoctrinated like they are going to be the next Microsoft. Like that is a great thing to want to be Microsoft is just a Capitalist Bully that works there employees to death and they are out to crush every one of their competitors to me it's a pretty shallow goal to want to be like them.

I was a good person before this company destroyed me since they fired me 6 months ago for no good reason, my wife has left me and I will tell the world what a piece of shit company this is until the day I die.

Here is my gift of retaliation I am posting a copy of their Top Secret Project they have been working on developing as a joint project with the Hong Kong Polytechnic Institute

(((REDACTED)))

Rip-off Report REDACTED the copy that was below. According to the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), allegedly the copy that was provided below infringed upon the copyrights of others. Rip-off Report will comply with these laws when put on notice that there was a violation.

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds