- Report: #146619
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: WSI
WSI5915 Airport Road Toronto, Ontario United States of America
WSI ripoff much of what was said to me has turned out not to be true Toronto Ontario Canada *UPDATE.. Rip-off Report REVIEW: Most complainants appear to be competitors and disgruntled ex-employees with "axe to grind
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: my experience I think that they are a bunch of overworked overzealous hypocrites
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
WSI, a privately-owned company is legitimately established and is forthcoming about its location, identities of theirsenior management and its franchise opportunity. The company discloses any and all information about their operations to ensure the highest customer/franchise confidence.
Most complainants investigated to date by Rip-off Report appear to be competitors or ex-employees, although 3 of the Rip-off Reports had complete, bona fide contact information. WSI is actively working to resolve those cases. In many cases IP addresses of individuals "claiming" to be from the United States or from various countries internationally, but were actually found to be posted in Toronto, Canada - indicating reports were most likely filed maliciously and falsely under various identities, but were actually from the same group of only a few individuals.
WSI has experienced rapid growth. In the past it experienced some growing pains with respect to customer responsiveness, but has overcome it with additional support capability and improved customer service, systems and processes.
They appear to be a caring company - They work with and for kids around the world showing goodwill and financial support through many charitable organizations.
The company maintains strong reputable business partners, who help them enhance their operations and support; which includes IBM, Oracle and Price Waterhouse Coopers.
They pledge to fully address each and every person who has a bona fide complaint about them utilizing recommendations set forth in the Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, which WSI is participating in fully.
Read the full report on WSI. ===================== NOW TO THE ORIGIONAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED =====================
I feel that WSI oversold the franchise to me, much of what was said to me has turned out not to be true. Worse, they did not tell me about allot of stuff that is not good.
In addition they may not have complied with local law when they signed me up. This aspect may be more interesting from a legal perspective.
I am still a WSI consultant and trying to make it work, but I am also looking for a job. As soon as I find one I shall stop or try and sell my WSI franchise.
There have been some fundamental problems:
1. My first project, signed in Novemeber 2004 has not yet been finished (as at June 18, 2005). The customer is "very disappointed" and called WSI "unprofessional". 2. Video conferencing products do not work because the servers are too far away in North America. 3. The learning system product demo stopped working while a potential customer was looking at it. I lost that sale. Another potential customer described the learning system as amateurish and of poor quality. Having looked at other learning systems, I agree. 4. The company internal website, called MAPS, contains a list of sites that it says were developed by WSI. These are used as reference sites when consultants are trying to sell a web site. At least one website in the list was not built by WSI. I lost a customer as a direct result because he found out that WSI did not develop it. The customer told me that WSI is either dishonest or incompetant.
These things, all actual hard fact, are all extremely damaging to a new franchisees chances of success.
If I had my time again I definitely would not buy a WSI franchise. If you are thinking of buying a franchise ask them specific questions about the 4 items above.
Almost Broke Somewhere
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2005 07:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WSI/Toronto-Ontario-LV4-1T1/WSI-ripoff-much-of-what-was-said-to-me-has-turned-out-not-to-be-true-Toronto-Ontario-Canad-146619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.