• Report: #119163

• Reported By:. Maine
WSI
Wsi.com Nationwide U.S.A.

WSI FRANCHISE TOOK MY MONEY ripoff Nationwide
*UPDATE.. Rip-off Report Investigation: Rip-off Report analyzes the patterns of complaint against the company and in this case, the claims made against WSI. The company eagerly sought out Rip-off Report services because of its stellar reputation in resolving consumer disputes.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: my experience I think that they are a bunch of overworked overzealous hypocrites

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: WSI class-action lawsuit

*Consumer Suggestion: WSI, gives refunds, be persistant

*Consumer Comment: WSI intentionally used poor sales

*Consumer Comment: Wsi, a reason to re-reason your plans

Rip-off Report Investigation:

WSI, a privately-owned company is legitimately established and is forthcoming about its location, identities of theirsenior management and its franchise opportunity. The company discloses any and all information about their operations to ensure the highest customer/franchise confidence.

Most complainants investigated to date by Rip-off Report appear to be competitors or ex-employees, although 3 of the Rip-off Reports had complete, bona fide contact information. WSI is actively working to resolve those cases. In many cases IP addresses of individuals "claiming" to be from the United States or from various countries internationally, but were actually found to be posted in Toronto, Canada - indicating reports were most likely filed maliciously and falsely under various identities, but were actually from the same group of only a few individuals.

WSI has experienced rapid growth. In the past it experienced some growing pains with respect to customer responsiveness, but has overcome it with additional support capability and improved customer service, systems and processes.

They appear to be a caring company - They work with and for kids around the world showing goodwill and financial support through many charitable organizations.

The company maintains strong reputable business partners, who help them enhance their operations and support; which includes IBM, Oracle and Price Waterhouse Coopers.

They pledge to fully address each and every person who has a bona fide complaint about them utilizing recommendations set forth in the Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, which WSI is participating in fully.

Read the full report on WSI.
=====================
NOW TO THE ORIGIONAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED
=====================

WSICORPORATE.COM is just a website to make it look legit..
Address 5915 Airport Road
Mississauga Ontario L4V 1T1

One of the major supporter of WSI is www.entrepeneur.com Type 'WSI' into a search engine and almost all you get is articles on WSI published by these guys. This franchise directory is produced by the editors of Entrepreneur Magazine. Makes you wonder how much WSI paid some lowly boiler room typist to publish his crap.

My lawyer has done some investigating on this company, looks like the contract has a tiny loop hole, that is how I CAN LET EVERYONE ELSE KNOW THIS BUSINESS IS FAKE, SCAM, LIAR, BS COMPANY. LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE FORGOT THE CONFIDENTALITY CLAUSE. HA. NICE.

Troy
., Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2004 04:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WSI/nationwide/WSI-FRANCHISE-TOOK-MY-MONEY-ripoff-Nationwide-UPDATE-Rip-off-Report-Investigation-Rip-119163. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WSI

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: C - (Canada)

I used to work for the company and frankly I think that they are a bunch of overworked overzealous hypocrites. They fired me because I was not willing to work more than 35 hours a week and I did not subscribe to their cult like positive attitude like they think they are somehow better than other people.

As far as I am concerned - It does not matter that they have been rated #1 - they are too indoctrinated like they are going to be the next Microsoft. Like that is a great thing to want to be Microsoft is just a Capitalist Bully that works there employees to death and they are out to crush every one of their competitors to me it's a pretty shallow goal to want to be like them.

I was a good person before this company destroyed me since they fired me 6 months ago for no good reason, my wife has left me and I will tell the world what a piece of shit company this is until the day I die.

Here is my gift of retaliation I am posting a copy of their Top Secret Project they have been working on developing as a joint project with the Hong Kong Polytechnic Institute

Workshop Contents

(((REDACTED)))

Rip-off Report REDACTED the copy that was below. According to the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), allegedly the copy that was provided below infringed upon the copyrights of others. Rip-off Report will comply with these laws when put on notice that there was a violation.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

WSI class-action lawsuit

AUTHOR: Jeffro - (U.S.A.)

I would like to get people together who are in a similar situation as I am. I was also scammed by WSI and would like to form a group to work together to see what options are available.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

WSI, gives refunds, be persistant

AUTHOR: Chad - (U.S.A.)

After 2 years of struggling, and emailing, and asking, and phoning, and putting more money into this business, I finally got some of it back. Eric Laudon, the consumer resolution specialist and I agreed to a refund. What they forgot to include in the release of liability was a confidentiality clause, which is how I am able to tell my story. Call Eric, 404-256-7588 ext 24, tell him you know some of the dirty secrets and are wiling to share them with all members, see what he says. I have even re-called the references given to me, told them their names and numbers, Sue, 404-852-9675, Jack 215-873-5222 and Bert, 202-633-8994, are all on file with the the DA and consumer affairs

WSI intentionally used poor sales

AUTHOR: Alexis - (U.S.A.)

After months of research and speaking with various companies, I came accross WSI. I spoke with Emily the regional representative, she took me though all the issues I had and seemed to answer all my questions. Emily offered 5 other WSI asociates to speak with. I did speak with three of the associates. Curtis from AL seem to have the most information, although in general they all told me the same thing. I did have some follow up questions, but the other associates would not reply. Emily sent me a contract to sign saying there is a limited number of applicants accepted, and I had been accepted. Having signed the contract and sending in a check, which was deposited right away, I still had additional questions for Emily, but now she like the other associates will not respond. Part of WSI information is they claim over 90% of the franchises are still in business after 10 years, well I seem to have landedin the 10% group. I have tried all angles to keep this business going. I have requested support time after time. WSI will not give me enough good help to keep the doors open. Since July I have requested, called and emailed my personal professional guide almost everyday, it takes him 2 days to return my questions. I need a refund, this is a 40K scam .Any help available?

Wsi, a reason to re-reason your plans

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

WSI franchise, Bill used all kind of tricks to make the sale, he said they have a very tough selection process, is "if you have the money, you qualify." They used all kind of tricks to put pressure to make the sale, like saying you cannot apply again if you do not decide right away, the price has just been increased but they'll keep the same just for me (Lucky Me) Bill told me I need no sales experience, a " Director" would be in constant touch with guide me through any problems I might have. "But you won't have any problems, our system is the best", right, the best at getting franchise money then disapearing.

I now what "RA and NB " would only use thier initials when identifying themselves online, they DON'T want to be identified.

Bill did give me 4 other associates to call, Gail in Toronto, Bob in Georgia, Kirsten in California and JoAnn in New York. Well looking back, I am sure they got paid to "email me" thier experiences, funny I now see all answers I got were almost word for word the same.

Quote, "#1 Internet Services Business in the world and the 4th fastest-growing International Franchise. ", the part they forgot to include, The fastest to take your money, then offer no support.

So, send Bill you $40,000 then forget about it.

Bill, give my money back, your franchise model sucks, your cheesy photo copied liturature is a scam and overall rating, "0"

So, watch out all, this franchise is advertised in all the franchise sites, (they used my $40k on advertising".

dirty