Complaint Review: WTS, LLC

• Submitted: Thu, September 29, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, September 29, 2011

• Reported By: Corals505 — Scottsville Virginia United States of America
WTS, LLC
5775 Soundview Drive, Suite 103C Gig Harbor, Washington United States of America

WTS, LLC Nice Young Man, Smooth Talker, Will Take Your Money and Run Gig Harbor, Washington

I answered the door today to a young man who told me that my neighbor had sent him over to me. He said he was working for charity and that he was third in the state so far and doing very well.  He showed me his credentials and  a list of magazines he was selling.  I said I do not read magazines and was not interested.  He told me that it was to support the local Ronald McDonald house and that all I had to do was pick out some books that could be donated to  the charity.

Again, I told him that I was on a fixed income and could not afford to give him any money. He told me that if I wrote a check for the books and then cancelled the order by calling the telephone number on the receipt within 3 days, that I would not have to pay a cent, the Ronald McDonald House would get their books and he would still score his points.  I told him that this was risky because if I ended up having to put a stop on the check that it would cost me $36.  He said it was very easy to cancel and I could call as soon as he left if I wanted to.

I wanted him to get the points and to succeed because he was so very nice to me.  I am a disabled woman living alone and I don't get many visitors. I wrote the check.  As soon as he got it, he could not wait to leave and rushed out of the door, but gave me a big hug, first.  I sat down and called the number on the receipt he gave me.  A recorded voice told me that cancellations by telephone were not accepted and that the only way to cancel was to send in the receipt with the cancellation form filled out and that it had to reach their office in Washington State within 2 business days.  I live in Virginia and realized that this would be impossible.  I had to call my bank and put a stop on the check and pay the $36 penalty.  I was crushed that this supposedly nice young man would take advantage of a crippled old woman.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2011 01:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WTS-LLC/Gig-Harbor-Washington-98335/WTS-LLC-Nice-Young-Man-Smooth-Talker-Will-Take-Your-Money-and-Run-Gig-Harbor-Washingt-782761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WTS, LLC