Complaint Review: WWEShop

• Submitted: Fri, August 15, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, August 15, 2014

• Reported By: Eire — Rochester New York
Nationwide USA

Upon receiving a $30 gift card for her birthday my daughter went to her favorite place online...the WWE.SHOP! While I see no value in their merchandise, my daughter likes it, and I respect it. At the top of the WWE.shop site it advertises, "SIGN UP FOR EMAIL AND GET $5 OFF!" in reading details, it states..."on orders of $25 or more." We didn't even need to wait to get the code in your email account! It was advertised, "Use WELCOME5 for your $5 discount now!" My daughter was delighted she could get her shirt, which, with shipping and handling came to $31.98!! (A travesty in itself for a simple cotton t-shirt with logo!) When we went to check out, the discount code was denied! Huh?!?!? I tried repeatedly knowing the order was over $25, and finally called the site's # to get help placing the order. After speaking to a very rude representative, I asked for a Supervisor and was told, "the product must be $25 or more. [continued below]....

....." I asked her to please point out ANYTHING on their site which came to $25, and she was unable to do so, because everything on the site ends in $.99!!! The offer specifically states $5 off orders of $25 or more...but, the clever marketing, and pricing, techniques they've employed on their site assures that "or more" is required to get ANY discount! I was even willing to order a second shirt to use a different promo code, but, fell $.02 short on that! WHY advertise a required amount of $25 to spend when it's NOT POSSIBLE to spend just $25?!?!?! I'll tell you why...because they know our children drive us crazy to pay for outrageous pay-per-views, to see their on screen idols, end up wanting the merchandise they wear, and don't expect opposition to their marketing ripoffs!! The company refused to budge for $.01!!! That $.01 will cost them $100's in lost pay-per-views in my household! SHAME ON THE WWE for scamming over a $.01!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2014 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WWEShop/nationwide/WWEShop-WWEcomWWE-Network-WWE-INTERNET-SHOP-EMAIL-DISCOUNT-SIGN-UP-OFFER-IS-A-RIP-OFF-MA-1170064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WWEShop