Complaint Review: WaMu Bank

• Submitted: Sun, December 28, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, December 28, 2008

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
WaMu Bank
7313 Lake St. Lake Forest, Illinois U.S.A.

WaMu Bank WaMu STOLE from my available cash account, then exposed it by attempting to replace 10.00 of it after I questioned WHY it was ever stolen. Lake Forest Illinois

I took a chance and opened an account with WaMu, trusting the Housing Authorities who had two of their representatives at the housing facility.
It was made clear that the account was simply for savings, but I was told that a checking account was also necessary in order to have the saving account with WaMu, so I accepted opening the account.
I also was led to believe that only $5. , was needed in the checking account in order to keep the savings account open.
I made sure that the $5.00 was ALWAYS there. On one occasions, it got up to $16.00, but I never let it be under what was needed.
When I question WHY $10.00 instead of $5.00 was taken out, (by a worker at the North & Grand facility, here in Chicago), I wasn't satisfied with the answer, so I requested to speak with the manager.
I sat, explained what happen, told him what I was told by the other clerk(including the lie that she told me when she said that I had to pay for a plintout of my account) and he replied,"I don't know why she told you that". "She shouldn't have told you that. It doesn't cost you anything for a printout".
I then inquired about checks that I was suppose to recieve and didn't and he also told me that he would see that I receive them and I never did.
In the meantime, I deposited my monthly check for the first time. The next day or two, I made a withdrawal, but the monies that should have been put in my available cash account, NEVER was put there and when I made a $100.00 withdrawal, it still wasn't there.
I went into the Forest Park facility, to discuss the THEFT. The account did his munipulation of numbers and told me that a receipt was missing. I returned the next day, with the receipt and he concluded that everything balanced, which was a lie.
When I attempted to show him of the deceit, he concluded the meeting, for I had informed him that I contacted the headquarters, so he said, "I have to wait until I hear from the headquarters, for my COMPLAINT had already been submitted".
Before it reached that point, the manager at Grand & North, made a call while I was inside the facility, because I informed him that I wanted to CLOSE the ENTIRE account out, for I was not satisfied with the way they did business.
After about two to three months, I received a letter from"the headquarters", saying that everything panned out, which is a lie.
I asked for a meeting with the head, but it was never honored and I'm still out of $100.00 plus entrance.
I STILL have ALL receipts concerning this situation and would like justice.
I'm not stupid EITHER!

ELois'
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2008 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WaMu-Bank/Lake-Forest-Illinois-60305/WaMu-Bank-WaMu-STOLE-from-my-available-cash-account-then-exposed-it-by-attempting-to-repl-405542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WaMu Bank