Complaint Review: WaMu

• Updated: Tue, September 14, 2010

• Reported By: Jack T — ALAMEDA California United States of America
WaMu
alameda, California United States of America

WaMu Chase Bank This bank took money from a closed account and want me to pay them. alameda, California

*Consumer Comment: Just curious!

Back in 2007 I had a checking account with Wamu/Chase the account was closed. 3 months later I get letters saying pay them over $16,000. I didnt authorize these charges and plus this account was closed so no charges should have went through. I contacted the banks fraud department but they said they couldnt help me. I dont know what to do I want to sue them somebody please help. I was 16 at the time of this account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2010 05:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WaMu/alameda-California-94501/WaMu-Chase-Bank-This-bank-took-money-from-a-closed-account-and-want-me-to-pay-them-alamed-639752. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WaMu

Just curious!

AUTHOR: Skiper - (USA)

How did the bank come up with $16,000?  You may not have authorized it, but did you write the checks against that account?  Normally when one closes an account, you are still responsible for any outstanding checks.  I could be wrong!  If you feel that you are on the right, call your congressman.  They have workers who will put your complaint through to the bank.  Then the bank must answer a congressional inquiry.