lumber

• Submitted: Thu, July 16, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 16, 2009

• Reported By:Alpharetta Georgia
Wachovia Bank Loss Prevention Department
www.wachovia.com Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-922-46842
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Wachovia Bank - Wachovia Bank Loss Prevention Department charged illegitimate NSF fees to my account Charlotte North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Wel... did you?

I was a victim of a mystery shopper scam. I was emailed about an assignment stating that the customer purchases antiques and I was going to receive a UPS with a USPS money order in the amount of $980. I was to cash it retain 10% and send the remaining money to United Arab Emirate to an individual by the name of Collins Walter. Once the assignment was completed I was to email the person with MCN#. Well, it was done and I was sent another UPS package this time containing 2 USPS money orders containing the combined amount of $1960. I tried to deposit an amount and get cash back, but I was told the monies would not be available for three days. I thought nothing of it. The following morning Calvin Chalkin from Loss Prevention contacted me stating the Money Orders were bogus. I asked him what was it I needed to do to rectify the situation. I told him about charges that were coming through my account prior to the deposit and stated they will be paid. He then stated I had an ACH deposit coming through and it should cover the money along with a balance I had in my checking acct.$455, money from my way2sav acct. (?), personal sav(?), and a joint sav $57. I told him I had no idea and he stated he could tell. The next day I looked at my acct and an additional charge in the amount of $175 was added to my account. When I called the bank the teller could not explain why, so she transferred me to the fraud department. I spoke with a Marcus, or Mark. I explained to him my reason for calling, he stated I made purchases off of the bogus Money Orders, and stated the purchases were made after the deposit, and this was clearly seen on my statement. I told him, I did not, we went back and forth, and also stated he did not have time to go back and forth with me. Well, I called again with Marcus, or Mark answering, I asked to speak with his supervisor, he said he did not have one, I told him, well, let me speak to whoever is over you, because I did not want to speak to him after yesterday. He put me through the customer service representative to start all over, I asked for the loss prevention department, a person by the name of Monica, then answered, I explained to her what was going on, she stated the same thing, stating the charges were incurred due to my making purchases after the deposit of the bogus money orders were made and I did not have sufficient funds. I asked to speak to the gentleman by the name of Calvin Chalkin and that's when things went haywire. He started lying about I told him I was coming to bring the money back and also making purchases off the bogus Money Orders. I told him I don't know who is doing the accounting in that area of the bank, but they need to do some investigation. He then stated I can kiss his butt, and I told him he could do the same for me. I hung up and searched for ways on the internet where I could file a claim for this act from the Loss Prevention Area of Wachovia Bank.

Tee
Alpharetta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2009 07:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wachovia-Bank-Loss-Prevention-Department/Charlotte-North-Carolina/Wachovia-Bank-Wachovia-Bank-Loss-Prevention-Department-charged-illegitimate-NSF-fees-to-470566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wachovia Bank Loss Prevention Department

Wel... did you?

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

Did you make any purchases off of the deposited (and bogus) money order?