Complaint Review: Wachovia Bank

• Submitted: Sun, September 21, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 30, 2012

• Reported By:Duluth Georgia
Wachovia Bank
Capitol Street, Jackson, Mississippi U.S.A.
  • Phone: 601-503-1180
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Wachovia Bank Unfair and fraudulent bank practices Jackson Mississippi

*Consumer Suggestion: Walk Away, Rene!

*Consumer Suggestion: wrong account?

I have a commercial account with Wachovia. Several of our items have been submitted for payment and Wachovia returns them back to the merchant stating we did not have the funds available. The entire time, I am looking at my account, seeing that the funds were available. They never admit to making mistakes. After explaining their situation, they actually try to make you think the funds were not available. Sometimes it sounds convincing. They even train their employees well because their explanations really sound convincing too. Guys, please do not give up. Just keep up with your records.

Just like all these other companies are coming down, Wachovia's day is coming also, if we just stick together. We can form some type of complaint. If all of us get involved together, we will have a class action lawsuit. Keep all of your documents and document everything. You will not be sorry.

My father banks with Wachovia also and we withdrew some money from his account from the ATM. They shorted him $40. I called Wachovia for two weeks and I wrote them letters. We never received a response. My father is 69 years old and when you are on a set income, $40 is a lot. Of course, I ended up giving him the $40 he needed.

Recently, they posted my deposit to the wrong account. The clerk told me she was going to credit it for the same day. Needless to say, it was not credited the same day and that caused for my debits to be returned back to the merchant.

I am sick and tired of banking with them. They do wrong because chances are they are not going to be sued. It just takes the right person and the right amount of people.

Everyone is fighting the insurance companies and the hospitals. We need to be fighting the banks also. They are the reason the economy has gone bad also. Wachovia wasted their money on their investments; now they are taking money away from their customers just because they can do so.

Their day is coming, and it's coming soon.

Melissa
Duluth, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2008 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wachovia-Bank/Jackson-Mississippi-39201/Wachovia-Bank-Unfair-and-fraudulent-bank-practices-Jackson-Mississippi-374821. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wachovia Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Walk Away, Rene!

AUTHOR: Anon. - (United States of America)

Like the song says, "Walk away, Rene!" and take your personal and business accounts elsewhere.  Of course now Wachovia Bank, which in NC we called "Walk-over you" Bank is now Wells Fargo Bank.  I don't know if it's any better, but I suspect if these two really bad banks are together, you just get one super-bad bank.

Try other banks or join a credit union.  The credit unions are member-owned and generally offer everything a bank does, except S-T deposit boxes.  Better interest, lower rates, friendly service.  Switch and don't look back!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

wrong account?

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

The only way the deposit could be put in the wrong account is that you used the wrong deposit slip, or you used a counter deposit slip and either put the wrong number on it , or the encoder put the wrong number on the deposit slip. So which is it? Get a copy of the deposit slip and see. The numbers at the bottom of the deposit slip are read by the prosessor so there is no human involved. IF you sue acounter deposit slip, the the numbers have to be put on the slip by an actual person, and mistakes can be made, especially if it is hard to read a persons writting.
And you can't really sue since the banks are not doing anything illeagle. A better approach would be to have people email the Federal reserve bank and complain,.