Complaint Review: Wachovia Dealer Services - WFS

• Updated: Mon, April 12, 2010

• Reported By: Dugan274 — St.Louis Missouri United States of America
Wachovia Dealer Services - WFS
Po Box 1697 Winterville, North Carolina United States of America

Wachovia Dealer Services - WFS Late Payments Made And They Still Repo My Truck Sold it For A Quater Of The Balance And Want US To Pay Difference. Winterville, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Why?

My girlfriend and I were getting married and fell behind on our truck payments about 1300.00. I made several payments and had 750.00 left, I was told to call the collections dept when I was going to make the payment. I didn't call, but I make a payment of 750.00. So I was caught up, I get a call from the collection supervisor saying that I didn't call and I snuck a payment in. I told him I was caught up. 5 days later a tow truck was hooking up to my truck. I called Wachovia and they said I didn't comply. So I was caught up on payments and still a repo truck. They said if I pay the truck off in full I could. However still owing 7000.00. So the sold the truck to a dealer for 3000.00 and want me to pay the difference. BUll****. I feel ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2010 07:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wachovia-Dealer-Services-WFS/Winterville-North-Carolina-28590/Wachovia-Dealer-Services-WFS-Late-Payments-Made-And-They-Still-Repo-My-Truck-Sold-it-Fo-592129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wachovia Dealer Services - WFS

Why?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Why do YOU feel ripped off?

YOU made an agreement to make your payment each and every month.  I can guarantee you that there was no provision in your loan agreement that said, "If you are getting married it is okay to become late".

They let you slide to the point of being $1300 late and gave you the opportunity to make it up.  They said to call before you make a payment..you didn't.

As for the reposession, until you pay off the truck fully it is not your truck.  They have the right to reposess it.  If they do, they may sell it at auction.  If they sell it for less than you owe, you still owe the difference.

Oh by the way this is no different than any other lender would do.  In fact a lot of lenders will reposess your truck for being only a payment late.