Complaint Review: Wachovia

• Updated: Sun, July 15, 2012

• Reported By:gibbstown New Jersey
Wachovia
Paulsboro ,nj Paulsboro, New Jersey United States of America

Wachovia This bank is set up to kick you hard when your allready down and crying for help.. Paulsboro New Jersey

*Consumer Suggestion: canceling payment

*Consumer Comment: Its time to fight back

*UPDATE Employee: Two items for Christopher

*Consumer Comment: Unreal....

*Consumer Comment: In complete support

*Consumer Comment: And Carol Ann....

*UPDATE Employee: For Carol Ann...

*Consumer Comment: Why would she report the bank for tax fraud?

*Consumer Comment: Wait a second...

*Consumer Suggestion: Help Is Nearby Friend!

*Consumer Comment: You fail to realize

Ok...by accident i sent and forgot to cancel a bill payment for 1500.00..and i had tried to put it back right away...but they held it until all the other bills i had on auto pay went through..18 transactions to be exact..thats times 35.00 in 3 days..$630.00 mother f---in dollars...i asked them to help ,they said i made the mistake, the damage was done...they gave me back 15% that brought me down to a 533.00 charge in 3 days...i asked why did all the other transactions go through when there was no money in there?...they responded "sir..some people like that option.." i said what to get f***ed when they make a little mistake that you couldnt help..who in the hell wants to be charged 35.00 to make shure a 9.00 bill gets payed on time. ...even after i said ..."look i live alone with two kids and your taking away their food" she said im sorry sir but your f***ed.......thanks alot wachovia...I never had one overdraft fee... ever ..and you took advantage of my a*s!...take your money and put it in ING

ingforlife gibbstown, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2008 07:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wachovia/Paulsboro-New-Jersey-08066/Wachovia-This-bank-is-set-up-to-kick-you-hard-when-your-allready-down-and-crying-for-help-363060. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wachovia

#1 Consumer Suggestion

canceling payment

AUTHOR: Yabadabado - (U.S.A.)

I have found unless you tell a bank not to make payment. They are as believed required to do so. When they send payment on a card that has expired is another issue. Regarding the reply of filing a report that to me is something in this case I have to agree should not be done.

Its time to fight back

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Anybody who has been wronged buy a company or cheated some how need's to fight back. These bad businesses then whines about custormer's slandering there company.

It's time we stop letting these bad businesses get rich while they try to make us poor, know bank's are the knew rip-off today holding you responsible for transaction's you didn't authorize this Is abuse.

After being victimized so many time's In the past buy other businesses today bank's are causing us trouble today I will not let these bank's get rich of me & making me poor.

It's time for all of us to fight back agaisnt these bank's who steal from us then blame us for the problem when they know the merchant or business made the unauthorized transaction.

But still we have to pay the price that Is how the law Is set up to screw us over!. Well I am tired of being screwed! & I will not keep silent anymore. It seem's bank's are allowed to ruin us & get away with It.

I can't keep silent anymore we need to stop letting these bank's take advantage of us & screwing us over It just get's me so ticked off!!!!!!!. That these bank's are allowed to get away with this type of abuse!.

Two items for Christopher

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

1) We have no control over when the billpay check is presented to us. The company you pay deposits it into their bank and then their bank forwards it to us. It is presented against your account the business day we receive it. And

2) Knowing that this check was still outstanding, why did you spend the money that you needed in your account to cover it?

Unreal....

AUTHOR: Resty - (U.S.A.)

I dont believe any bank deliberately holds any check or deposit purposely to cause you or anyone else overdraft fees. Its ridiculous at best to even think that. Im quite sure they have way better things to do daily..or nightly than to sit and watch each persons account so they can secretly devise ways to cause them overdraft fees.

Not spending what you dont have is a real quick solution to this.

In complete support

AUTHOR: Christopher - (U.S.A.)

I have a similar problem. When I used bill pay they held my payment for almost 15 days until my account was low enough to create a NSF charge of $35. I recently submitted a report on how I was taken advantage of NSF on an item on hold. I say Wachovia is a horrible business and I demand for them to live up to their word.

Thank you so much for your file, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has gone through this. Although it still doesn't change the matter.

And Carol Ann....

AUTHOR: J G Shrugged - (U.S.A.)

Making a false report is a crime. I have no idea why the OP or even you would think that the bank isn't reporting something on their taxes in regards to this. The banks do disclose their income from NSF fees, and in fact it is a major source of revenue for them. Does that make it a ripoff? No. Because you can avoid them. It's not like they're charging $35 for each check they pay when sufficient funds are available.

Businesses pay for each and every service they get, like $0.07 to cash a check or $75 a month for online account access, while consumers get "free checking" and you aren't charged a service fee for the basic account items (under certain conditions). This is how the bank makes their money.

For Carol Ann...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

if you read the OP, the OP caused these fees themself. They scheduled a bill pay for $1500 and then forgot to cancel it. They then used this money for 18 other transactions. Not a ripoff, not a cheat. Just a customer that didn't take proper care of their account.

Why would she report the bank for tax fraud?

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Are you trying to get her arrested for filing false reports? Read the 'complaint' before offering ridiculous suggestions.

'Ok...by accident i sent and forgot to cancel a bill payment for 1500.00'

This issue is of their own doing and their's alone. The bank honored what it was suppose to honor.

Wait a second...

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

Banks charging overdraft fees to customers who brogut their accounts to a negative balance are a threat to national security?

#10 Consumer Suggestion

Help Is Nearby Friend!

AUTHOR: Carol Ann - (U.S.A.)

You should be able to Cancel a Payment at anytime for any Reason. It's Not Their Money: Here's My suggestion to you. First Download Form 3949A from Internal Revenue Service, Fill the Form out and Send it and any copies via Certified Mail with Return Reciept. Do the Same and Send it to the Washington, D.C Offices of Federal Trade Commission, FBI, and Secret Service. Wachovia, Washington, Mutual and CitiCorp Bank are all crooked. These Agencies are Looking for Customers that have been cheated, just Like you. Think of how many others they have done the same thing to. They are a threat to National Financial Security. Good Luck.

You fail to realize

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

that had they not paid the transactions, you would have paid DOUBLE in fees. That is that much more you would have screwed your own kids out of. Just because they didn't do what you wanted does not make it a ripoff. You got 15% back. They didn't have to give you ANY. Ungrateful.