Complaint Review: Wachovia

• Submitted: Thu, January 13, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, January 19, 2011

• Reported By: Fed Up in Florida — Orlando Florida United States of America
Wachovia
Wachovia, Aloma Avenue, Winter Park, FL 32792 Winter Park, Florida United States of America
  • Phone: 407-657-3173
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Wachovia This bank, which told me I was opening a free checking and savings account charged me 50.00 (25.00 each for checking and savings) to close my account. I had kept a high balance, never overdrew, or ha Charged me to close my account. Winter Park, Florida

*General Comment: Was it an "early closeout?

*Consumer Comment: Was it an "early closeout?"

Wachovia and the management therof, charged me $50.00 to close my account with them. I had never been charged frees or voilated any overdraft rules. I simply became tired of their inept accounting and twenty sales pitches for their sundried programs every time I walked through the door. I also objected to them calling me up at home to sell me various policies and programs.

Upon deciding I was fed up with their marketing practices, I went to Wachovia to close my account andAFTERthe account (containing both checking and savings)was closed, the operator told me that I had been charged $25.00 each to close the accounts.

As far as I am concerned these people are crooks and should be put out of business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2011 01:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wachovia/Winter-Park-Florida-32792/Wachovia-This-bank-which-told-me-I-was-opening-a-free-checking-and-savings-account-charge-682234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wachovia

#1 General Comment

Was it an "early closeout?

AUTHOR: Yabadabado - (U.S.A.)

Since you say wachovia no longer exist. What is the reason there is still a wachovia.com site? Also since you say they no longer exist. Am I right saying all ties they had with you no longer exist.

Was it an "early closeout?"

AUTHOR: Just a normal guy - (United States of America)

Most banks have an "early closeout" fee if you close the account in less than 60 or 90 days. How long did you have the account?

Oh, and technically, they ARE out of business - they're owned by Wells Fargo now. ;)