Complaint Review: Wachovia/Wells Fargo

• Updated: Mon, August 15, 2011

• Reported By: Adis — Alexandria Virginia United States of America
Wachovia/Wells Fargo
Alexandria, Virginia United States of America

Wachovia/Wells Fargo Wells Fargo Hijacked my 4k deposit!!! Claims check was not valid! Alexandria, Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Sue them

*Consumer Comment: SCUMBAGS!

I opened a then Wachovia account on Thursday August 4th, 2011 and deposited a check from my Citibank account in the amount of $4,000.  I was told since they were converting to Wachovia over the weekend, it would take a couple extra days to clear and would be available by Monday August 8, 2011.  I noticed my the funds had cleared my Citibank account on the 8th but when I when I tried to make a withdrawal on the 9th I was told my account was blocked.  Upon further inquiry and tedious phone calls, I was told "someone' at Wachovia/Wells Fargo called "someone" Citibank and they were told the account # the check was drawn on was not correct.  I have provided numerous documentation from Citibank, reference letters from my Citibank branch manager stating my account has been open since 2009, and even a general ledger showing the debit from my citibank bank account.  Despite the documentation provided Wells Fargo continues to claim my deposit was from a bogus account!  They are not even attempting to investigate.  I am so frustrated!!! I need access to my funds.  If I hear the words "I'm sorry for the inconvenience" one more time, I'm going to scream!!  If you are sorry, return my money!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2011 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WachoviaWells-Fargo/Alexandria-Virginia-/WachoviaWells-Fargo-Wells-Fargo-Hijacked-my-4k-deposit-Claims-check-was-not-valid-Al-765136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wachovia/Wells Fargo

Sue them

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Take the morons to small claims for the max allowable and let the court system shake it out of them. Their damage control will quickly contact you to settle it. I'd call Wells Fargo's executive office too, although even those staffers are scatterbrained. But there's always a chance one of them can do what their abnormal customer service a-holes can't.

SCUMBAGS!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Wachovia 915 Reports today!

Wells Fargo 1723!