Complaint Review: WageWorks, Inc

• Updated: Sun, September 18, 2011

• Reported By: Kirill — New York New York United States of America
WageWorks, Inc
1100 Park Place 4th Floor San Mateo, California United States of America

WageWorks, Inc wageworks, Incompetent staff does not care about law San Mateo, California

*Author of original report: My issue was resolved eventually

*Consumer Comment: Consumer response to Complaint Review: 745711

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Complaint Review: 745711

Several months ago I used my FSA card to pay a fee which my health care provider charges for the use of medical information plan (Electronic Medical Record (EMR)* system).

My receipt clearly states that the money was paid for the use of the medical information plan. It also contains my name, provider name and date when the money was paid.

IRS publication 969 in the section Distributions From an FSA says this:

Qualified medical expenses.   Qualified medical expenses are those specified in the plan that would generally qualify for the medical and dental expenses deduction. These are explained in Publication 502, Medical and Dental Expenses.

IRS publication 502, page 12 says this:

Medical lnformation PIan You can include in medical expenses amounts paid to a plan that keeps medical information in a computer data bank and retrieves and furnishes the information upon request to an attending physician.

So according to the law the money I paid fully qualify as FSA expenses and this was confirmed by the lawyer I talked with.

However my receipt and supporting documentation was rejected 3 times. I spent several hours and 3 rounds of phone conversation with their support team but they plainly refuse to validate my expense without providing any reasonable explanation. They typically start with saying that a name or a date is missing in a receipt and when pointed exactly to the place in the receipt where information they need is located they are trying to pick up some other formality. One guy told me that my receipt does not look like a receipt

for example. Eventually when they are completely out of arguments they say we do not validate such expenses or such expenses do not qualify. This is clearly against the law but they do not seem to care.

Apart from that my impression about their level of service is pretty awful. You have to listen for their automatic answering machine for 5 minutes before being connected to a real person and sometimes the call gets interrupted during this period so you have to start again; receipts submitted via fax are periodically lost; their rejection descriptions are ambiguous and created in the most generic

way possible to avoid pointing out exact problem.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2011 06:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WageWorks-Inc/San-Mateo-California-94403/WageWorks-Inc-wageworks-Incompetent-staff-does-not-care-about-law-San-Mateo-California-745711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WageWorks, Inc

My issue was resolved eventually

AUTHOR: Kirill - (USA)

Sending an e-mail to 'executiveescalationteam@wageworks.com' and asking my company legal department for help worked.

Consumer response to Complaint Review: 745711

AUTHOR: init_zero - (United States of America)

Was this issue ever resolved? Please update.

I too am having to jump through some hoops to get reimbursed for out of pocket expenses (commuter) as is one of my fellow employees.  I will keep you all updated.

Response to Complaint Review: 745711

AUTHOR: Executive Escalation Team - (United States of America)

Dear WageWorks Participant,
Thank you for your communication concerning your account issues. Your feedback is very important, and on behalf of WageWorks, we sincerely apologize for your experience.

We recognize your level of dissatisfaction and would value the opportunity to resolve your account concerns.  Please contact us at executiveescalationteam@wageworks.com for additional assistance.
Executive Escalation Team