Complaint Review: Wagoner Moving And Storage

• Submitted: Mon, August 11, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, August 11, 2003

• Reported By:Sun City Arizona
Wagoner Moving And Storage
3060 Brookline Road North Canton, Ohio U.S.A.

Wagoner Moving And Storage Atlas Van Lines Agent ripoff consumer rip-off fraud Quoted one price would not unload my furniture car until more money was paid CASH OR CASHIERS CHECK North Canton Ohio

Contracted with company to move my belongings, including car, from Ohio to Arizona.

Was given a "binding" price. The person doing the write-up underestimated price by $1,594.43. She then lied and said I was going to pack kitchen and most all of small items. When the movers arrived they said that I said, "I couldn't finish packing because I was too burned out." I have never said I was "burned out" about anything in my life!!! I had walked the woman through the house and pointed out what had to be packed. I specifically told her I would not pack anything in the kitchen because I didn't want to be responsible for any breakage.

The movers called me in Az. and said the total was $8483.16 The original quote was $6888.73. They said I had to have the total in cash or cashiers check or they would not unload my belongings.

Also when I submitted a claim for damages done to my belongings, I was told that there was a $500.00 deductable. (They didn't tell me that when I arranged, and paid for, the insurance!!) and the amount I claimed was less than that, so I recieved no money for my damaged goods!!!

I have already reported them to the BBB in that city, but I'm sure they won't do anything.

Maureen
Sun City, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2003 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wagoner-Moving-And-Storage/North-Canton-Ohio-44720/Wagoner-Moving-And-Storage-Atlas-Van-Lines-Agent-ripoff-consumer-rip-off-fraud-Quoted-one-65551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wagoner Moving And Storage