Complaint Review: Wahldorf White Van Scam

• Submitted: Thu, December 02, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, December 02, 2010

• Reported By: crossbearer4285 — Greensboro North Carolina USA
Wahldorf White Van Scam

Wahldorf White Van Scam Olin Ross Wahldorf home theater scam - these losers suck! Internet

I'm in Greensboro, NC and just got taken yesterday. In my defense, I had a cold and was very tired so I was not thinking as clearly as I should have been, but I still got took. Incidentally, Wahldorf is playing off the brand name Wharfedale, which is a legit company that makes high end speakers, and what I thought I was buying.

Two white guys, neither of them big guys, approached me as I was cleaning out my car at a Sheetz gas station. The scam - "Overbid on a home theater install, boss says sell it before we get to the job." I should have grabbed the plate # but I didn't. I doubt this was a rented van as it was a beat up, gold Kia minivan. If you have any info or run into these guys, definitely let me know. I'd LOVE to meet up with them again.

I did some checking online, and I have seen lots of posts for Florida and Tennessee, but none for North Carolina. Glad I am one of the first...yippee. I hope these jokers get caught, because it just is not right what they are doing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2010 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wahldorf-White-Van-Scam/internet/Wahldorf-White-Van-Scam-Olin-Ross-Wahldorf-home-theater-scam-these-losers-suck-Internet-667446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wahldorf White Van Scam