Complaint Review: Waka Network

wakanetwork.com Hoboken, New Jersey USA
  • Phone: 9173830089
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

Waka Network lady called to say I had won a $100 gas card, $10 Walmart gift card, and something else for $50. She said I had to pay $2.99, but could cancel that night. I read online when others called to try and cancel, they were told they couldn't cancel. Membership is $19.99 a month after the first week. Hoboken New Jersey

Waka Network called me and told me that I had completed an online survey and that I was eligible to win a $100 gas card, $10 gift card, and $50 gift card for the Waka Network site.  when I asked what the Waka Network website sold that I would get for $50, the lady couldn't give me an answer.  When she first called she said I didn't have to buy anything, but after getting my name and email address, and mailing address, the site wanted my bank card info for $2.99, the "processing fee" for the gift card mailings.  The lady kept stressing that the $2.99 bought me a week of membership on the site, and that I could call that night and cancel.  When I was talking to her, I googled "Waka Network" and all that came up was, "SCAM: Waka Network scammed me.." and various stories of that kind.
One lady wrote that when she tried to cancel, the company wouldn't let her.  I'm not sure how you would be able to protect herself other than telling the bank not to allow the charges.  I told the lady I didn't shop at Walmart and didn't have a car or need gas, and she kept repeating that same thing, that I could cancel my membership that night and keep the cards.  I told her I wasn't interested and hung up.  Something is wrong here, they are getting personal info, like emails and phone #s, and selling them maybe, I dont know.  Be careful, do give them your information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2013 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Waka-Network/Hoboken-New-Jersey-07030/Waka-Network-lady-called-to-say-I-had-won-a-100-gas-card-10-Walmart-gift-card-and-so-1048472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Waka Network