Complaint Review: Wakanet

• Submitted: Tue, November 27, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, November 27, 2012

• Reported By: Skipper — Charlottesville Virginia United States of America
Wakanet

Wakanet Wakanet.work Told me I was awarded $100 gas Walmart gift card and many coupons Internet

A lady representative called my cell phone and told me that I was going to be awarded a $100 dollar gift card and a Walmart gift card, also many coupons. I suspected a scam but spoke with her anyway, she had me go to this web site wakanet.com (DO NOT DO) and told that I just had to do a 2 minute survey and I'd be done. I asked if I'd have to give personal info like SS# and credit card # she said no and of course 30 seconds in she needed my credit card # so I gave her a old prepaid card with no money on it that I no longer use. Once she tried to charge a 2.99 fee for a 7 day trial which awards you with the fake gifts ($100 gas, Walmart gift card that would be emailed) and realized there was no money and the card was not in use, she then said she would try a checking charge. I then started to mess with her and she said she would have her manager call me right back to straighten everything out.
Of course I never got the call and when I called back the # she called from it was out of service. A SURE FIRE SCAM!!!
Never expect something for nothing,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2012 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wakanet/internet/Wakanet-Wakanetwork-Told-me-I-was-awarded-100-gas-Walmart-gift-card-and-many-coupons-In-974418. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wakanet