heading

• Updated: Thu, September 05, 2013

• Reported By: joe m — Boulder Colorado
Wakefield and Associates
3091 S Jamaica Court Aurora, Colorado USA

Wakefield and Associates Disregarded my health insurance and placed a delinquency with the credit agencies anyway Aurora Colorado

In January of 2013 I went to the hospital with a laceration in my leg. I had health insurance at the time, but somehow got through without giving it to them.

Several months later I get a call from someone from Wakefield and Associates. I tell them that I have health insurance and they take all of my information and tell me it'll be taken care of. Next thing I know I get notices from all three credit agencies telling me I have a delinquency on my credit report, my first one ever.

I attempted to contact them for a month with zero pickups or call backs. After a month I filed a complaint with the Colorado State Attorney's office and it turns out it is actually currently being handled.

The weird thing about all this is that I attempted to go back to the hospital to pay my bill and they refused to allow me to pay it. I was hoping to get a letter saying my debt was paid so I could get Wakefield off my back, but that didn't happen.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2013 03:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wakefield-and-Associates/Aurora-Colorado-80014/Wakefield-and-Associates-Disregarded-my-health-insurance-and-placed-a-delinquency-with-th-1082051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wakefield and Associates