Complaint Review: Wal-Mart Auto Center

• Submitted: Tue, March 19, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, January 08, 2009

• Reported By:Red Lion PA
Wal-Mart Auto Center
W Manchester Mall, York, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Wal-Mart Auto Center ripoff for Auto Consumers ,consumer rip-off fraud York Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Seem similar

I recently went to a local Wal-Mart to have my oil changed. They are suppose to check and top off the other fluids as part of the service. I purposely go with an empty windshield washer resevoir. When I was told that my car was finished, I got in the car and started it to find out that the window washer was still empty, Yet the guy wanted me to sign a paper stating that all the fluids were topped off. NOT!! I was very upset and the manager of the car care center, said it must have been missed. The guy doing the service, surely did not miss checking off that box though. I made them pull the car back in and when I pulled the dip stick to check it out, it was obvious that the oil had not been changed at all. The manager refunded my money, and was suppose to change the oil for free, but it was closing time, so when I returned the next day to have that done, suddenly no one knew what I was talking about and I had to go somewhere else to have it done. I have now boycotted Wal-Mart altogether. They seem to have forgotten that the customers made them the money that they have and we can make sure that they do receive any more.

Jackie
Red Lion, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wal-Mart-Auto-Center/York-Pennsylvania-17404/Wal-Mart-Auto-Center-ripoff-for-Auto-Consumers-consumer-rip-off-fraud-York-Pennsylvania-17154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wal-Mart Auto Center

Seem similar

AUTHOR: Rickie1971 - (U.S.A.)

I work at a dealership in the service department and I have seen countless cases over the course of 4 years similar. Usually they only put a fraction of the required amount of oil back in or sometimes don't even change the oil . A few times I've seen a factory style filter still on the car. In some cases I'm sure they might not be able to get that filter in the Fram brand. But the filters I saw were filters that cost the price they charge for the oil change, so they can't be putting high grade filters on for a $20.00 oil change. When I talked to the customers, they say about just having their oil changed within the past week or so and were never asked if they approve reusing that filter. At that point it should have been brought to the customers attention that the vehicle requires a special filter and they should be given the option to reuse the filter or pay extra. Not just leave that one on there, which over time hurts the engine.