Complaint Review: Wal Mart, GE, Green Dot

• Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Wal Mart, GE, Green Dot walmartmoneycard.com Monrovia, California Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Omg those cards are crap!

I purchased a prepaid debit card to purchase an item off the internet. I tried to register the card. The operator, who was not located in the U.S. and spoke broken English, at best, informed me that the purchase and name did not match the card. Keep in mind, that the card says "Valued Customer", and I was in the process of registering the card. So how could it be registered under another name.

I was polite and tried to get a supervisor. I was on hold for over an hour. Finally, they said they would have someone call me back. In the meantime I had gone to Wal Mart where I purchased the card. They could not give me money back. (lets remember, I had my receipt and paid cash for the card). Over and hour and noone had called me back. I called customer service again. Again, could not get a supervisor. Wal Mart let me fax a copy of my drivers license and a copy of the cash card purchase and receipt from their store. I sent it all in.

I tried to use the card. Again, it would not work. Tried to look it up on the internet. It would not pull up. I called custermer service again, again, I asked for a supervisor. I could not get anyone, again, I asked for them to call me back. I waited another hour and half, and received no call back.

I called custermer service again, and they had not received the fax. I gave them the confirmation number of the fax that I sent as well as the time sent, the fax number and offered to send them a copy of the fax receipt that said it was received. They put me on hold for a supervisor. This time I held for over an hour. They came back on and said they would have a supervisor call me. I waited another two hours. I received no call. I called again, asked for a supervisor and have heard nothing back.

I have explained the problem everytime I call. They say the name does not match. This is a cash card! There is no name. What good is sending my drivers license going to do if it does not have the name they have on file? I have not registered the card and they will not tell me the name on it.

I did finally here I would get a check back, if I talked with a supervisor and faxed them information again. This would transpire in seven days, which is after Christmas. I am out $300.

Green dot is a rip off
dublin, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2008 06:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wal-Mart-GE-Green-Dot/nationwide/Wal-Mart-GE-Green-Dot-walmartmoneycardcom-Monrovia-California-Georgia-404134. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wal Mart, GE, Green Dot

Omg those cards are crap!

AUTHOR: Whycustomersaredumb - (U.S.A.)

I work at wal-mart and I too hate those cards. We have soo many problems with them. The loading fees, monthly fees, limits... THEY ARE NOT WORTH IT! And sadly Wal-mart has no way of refunding them, that can only be don't through Green dot. Stay away from these cards if you can.