Complaint Review: Wal Mart Store #2341

• Updated: Sun, October 30, 2011

• Reported By: Danny — Quincy Massachusetts United States of America
Wal Mart Store #2341
Falls Ave Quincy, MA 02169 Quincy, Massachusetts United States of America

Wal Mart Store #2341 Martin Disla, Manager Salesman misrepresented capability of product and Walmart refused refund when requested. Quincy, Massachusetts

*Consumer Suggestion: You didn't do your research

*Consumer Comment: Sorry to hear that.

I purchased a NET 10 cell phone for  for $49.88 plus 6.25% sales tax and a 200 minute NET 10 card for $19.88 plus 6.25% sales tax primarily on the salesman's guarantee that I would be able to download photos from the phone to my computer..With that guarantee I allowed activation and loaded the 200 minutes on the phone. When I got the phone home to test downloading test photos I took onto my computer I was unable to find the USB port on the phone..I emailed NET 10 tech support and found out this phone did not support downloading photos to my computer. I promptly returned to the Walmart store to return the phone and get a refund. Customer service refunded $53.00 for the phone but denied a refund for the 200 minute card citing they were non refundable..I called NET10 and they said the same thing.

Since I bought the card in good faith and on the salesman's guarantee and all the 200 minutes are still on the phone, I think I got ripped off. Walmart stole $19.88  plus 6.25% sales tax from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2011 05:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wal-Mart-Store-2341/Quincy-Massachusetts-02169/Wal-Mart-Store-2341-Martin-Disla-Manager-Salesman-misrepresented-capability-of-product-a-790666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wal Mart Store #2341

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You didn't do your research

AUTHOR: IntheKnow - (USA)

There are sales people at Walmart?   It is your job to research products and understand the return policy; blaming a glorified clerk at Walmart won't get you anywhere.   I bought a prepaid phone as a back-up and it also couldn't communicate to my PC (to download address books).  Guess what, tough luck on me.  No blaming others.  These Walmart folks are courteous, and many wouldn't be hired as salespeople at consumer electronics retailers.

Sorry to hear that.

AUTHOR: I am the law - (USA)

That stinks.

I know those aren't refundable, but you think they could've given you a store credit or something.