Complaint Review: Wal Mart Supercenter Tire And Lube Express

• Submitted: Wed, May 04, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, May 05, 2005

• Reported By:Port Saint Lucie Florida
Wal Mart Supercenter Tire And Lube Express
10855 S US 1 Port Saint Lucie, Florida U.S.A.

Wal Mart Supercenter Tire And Lube Express broke vehicle refused to take reponsibility Ripoff! Port Saint Lucie Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: You will need to bring this up with their district Manager

In August of 2004, I took my Kia Sedona to the Wal-Mart Supercenter in Port Saint Lucie to get my tires changed. The incompetent repairwoman, Stacey, jacked my car up incorrectly, but unfortunately I did not think much of it.

A few days after my tires were changed, my car the check oil light came on and my transmission begin shifting very roughly. I checked the oil level and poored in 2 quarts of oil and took it to a repair shop to have the transmission looked at. I was in for a major surprise. It turns out the transmission assembly was cracked, the frame on the car was slightly bent and the oil pan was crushed because the car was incorrectly jacked up.

Total repair costs came to about $3500. I contacted Wal-Mart and they refused to do anything about it. At first, they even denied working on my car, but I had the new tires and the receipt to prove otherwise. The manager of the Tire and Lube Express, Gregory Ray, was rude and disrespectful claiming that his workers never make mistakes like this. I felt like punching him in the face.

Needless to say, I will never get any auto work done at Wal-Mart again and I hope nobody around here does either.

Steven
Port Saint Lucie, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2005 10:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wal-Mart-Supercenter-Tire-And-Lube-Express/Port-Saint-Lucie-Florida-34952/Wal-Mart-Supercenter-Tire-And-Lube-Express-broke-vehicle-refused-to-take-reponsibility-Rip-141599. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wal Mart Supercenter Tire And Lube Express

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You will need to bring this up with their district Manager

AUTHOR: Lori - (U.S.A.)

You need to contact their district manager, and you will need to do this in a calm reasonable manner with all the paperwork regarding your problem; the receipt for the work done by wal mart, the receipt for the repair work, a letter from a mechanic stating why and how the damage was inflicted on your car (i.e. the bad lift job). I say calm,not because I think you weren't, but because I was a district manager for years (with another company) Calm, reasonable people with evidence of wrongdoing tend to have a better outcome with their complaints than loud obnoxious ones with the same evidence do, and you want to have a good outcome with your problem.

My parents van was damaged by the wal mart oil and lube.But, unlike your experience, the manager took immediate responsiblity (even though it happened in a wal mart in Texas, NOT Michigan where they were at the time.) followed them to a Mechanic, drove them home, paid the bill immediatly and had a letter of apology in the front seat from the distric manager.

Just so you know, I am not an employee of wal mart. I HATE wal mart for many, many reasons. Go up the chain of command and you might get a better response. Remember that whole squeaky wheel analogy. Just don't punch anyone.
Good luck,