Complaint Review: Wal-Mart Supercenter

• Submitted: Thu, December 28, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, December 28, 2006

• Reported By:Hermiston Oregon
Wal-Mart Supercenter
1350 N 1st St Hermiston, Oregon U.S.A.

Wal-Mart Supercenter, Didn't give us a $400 camera we had on layaway and paid for, and then denied it. Ripoff Hermiston, Oregon.

*Consumer Comment: suggestions

*Consumer Comment: Check your box

I had been working for Wal-Mart for a short time and I was working on the Day after Thanksgiving Sale in Electronics. I watched my boyfriend's mother arrive there and stand in line for a camera in the Photo area (which is right next to Electronics).

I then left my post in order to ask anyone if they needed help throughout the line and I made my way to Layaway with her. The line was huge so I left, but I was there when she made the transaction. She placed a LARGE amount of items into Layaway under her name along with MANY other people. She specifically had them place the camera into a box with specific items because they were a gift for someone else.

A month or so later, when she had finally paid everything and went to retrieve her items, she got them all and placed the box "with the camera" in it in the garage. When the time finally rolled around to give the item away, she opened the box, and lo and behold: No camera.

She immediately found her reciepts and had her husband go speak with Wal-Mart. They denied any knowledge of this and were very rude, condescending, and uncooperative. We paid Wal-Mart a large amount of money and they totally ripped us off. My boyfriend's mother was really upset about it, and Wal-Mart didn't care because they made bank on the deal. Either someone who works there wanted the item and ran off with it, or they put it back on the shelf and made double profits on it. :(

Jeannie
Hermiston, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2006 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wal-Mart-Supercenter/Hermiston-Oregon-97838/Wal-Mart-Supercenter-Didnt-give-us-a-400-camera-we-had-on-layaway-and-paid-for-and-the-227561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wal-Mart Supercenter

suggestions

AUTHOR: Wayne - (U.S.A.)

I am really sorry that you had to lose $400.00 for the camera, but in this case Wal Mart was not responsable. I am not trying to be nasty, I just want to give you some advice. When you put items on lay away and then you pick them up, always check the box to see if all your items are there. You should have your receit with you. Also you took the box home and put it in the garage without checking to see if everything was in there.a month later you checked it and the camera was missing.

Once you left the store you had no way to verify that the camera was in the box. I will say that the store employee was at fault, because that employee should have checked to see if you had all your items. Myself I never leave a store without checking to make sure I have everything. I wish there was a way that I could help you get your money back, but I don't think there is any legal way that you could do it. I hope I haven't offended you. If I have I apoligize. Happy New Year.

Check your box

AUTHOR: Jenifer - (U.S.A.)

I am sorry you are out an expensive piece of equipment. Every time I have ever taken anything off layaway at Walmart, they make me sign the receipt saying that I received everything I paid for...I sure wouldn't sign it before checking the box...lord only knows what goes on with all those items when they are out of view of the customers...I would never trust that everything was there without checking for myself...I do the same thing at the DriveThru...how can I complain they forgot a burger when i didn't check the bag before I pulled out?