Complaint Review: Wal-Mart

• Reported By: Annoyed consumer — Kennesaw Georgia USA
Wal-Mart
3826 Cobb Pky North Acworth, Georgia United States of America

Wal-Mart wal mart pharmacy Disorganized Acworth, Georgia

*General Comment: Possible reason & a question...

*Consumer Comment: Smart

Jan. 19, 2013

Bill Simon, CEO

Wal-Mart Home Office

702 SW 8th Street

Bentonville, AR 72716-8611

RE:  Poor Pharmacy Service at Acworth, Ga. Store

Dear CEO Simon:

I have 6 scripts with your Wal Mart at 3826 Cobb Parkway North, Acworth, Ga 30101.

On Friday Jan 18th I phoned the pharmacy at this store to arrange for refills on 3 of them.

I was a bit surprised to be told that they had 2 already made up for me (Furosemide and Warfrin), I guess they have some sort of automatic refill program, but anyway 2 of the needed items were there waiting for me.  I provided the information on the Lisinopril which was the 3rd item I wanted to be refilled.

I told the clerk that I would be in the following day, which is today Saturday Jan. 19th.  I made the 9 mile trip and got to the store and I was told that there was only one script on hand for me (the Lisinopril).

Neither the clerk or the on duty pharmacist could explain why some 20 hours before I had been told that they already had 2 of the needed items there waiting for me.  This was a total waste of 40 minutes of my time and an expenditure of $3.50 worth of gas to make the trip for no purpose.

I told the pharmacy staff to keep the Lisinopril as I was not buying anything from them and I would be using Target in the future.  On my way out I stopped at Customer Service and got a manager to come out and I told him that my dealings with Wal Mart were now at an end and gave him the above details.

I was told that the Pharmacy is a separate operation and that he had no control over what they did.

I did not make any purchase at all from your store, normally I would have picked up the scripts and done a weeks shopping while I was there.  Today I simply left and shortly I will be arranging for the Target pharmacy to obtain the six scripts and in the future I will deal with them, they are also half the distance from where I live.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2013 08:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wal-Mart/Acworth-Georgia-30101/Wal-Mart-wal-mart-pharmacy-Disorganized-Acworth-Georgia-1000067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wal-Mart

#1 General Comment

Possible reason & a question...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

Scripts that are on an automatic refill will be held a specific number of days for you to pick up. If not picked up, the refill is broken down and you must get the script refilled when you want it. So it's extremely possible that the 2 scripts reached their day limit and were returned to stock either the evening you called or when the pharmacy opened that day.

The question is: Why didn't you just ask to have the 2 scripts refilled while you were doing your shopping and pick up all 3 scripts before you paid for your other purchases?

By the way, if Target does auto-refill and you leave the scripts too long, they will return the pills to stock also (or throw out whichever is required).

Smart

AUTHOR: willobi - (USA)

Taking your business to Target from Walmart is the smart move. I am sure you will find Target a much better place to shop. And no, I do not work for Target, I just know which store is better. You will not regret your decision.

curt