Complaint Review: Wal-Mart

• Reported By: Kimberly — The Woodlands Texas United States of America
Wal-Mart
Bentonville, Arkansas United States of America

Wal-Mart Wal-Mart Money Card Fraud!! Bentonville, Arkansas

For the past 2 months I have been trying to get a refund on a Wal-Mart Money Card I purchased that was lost. I gave the rep ALL receipt info at initial claim and was told that the card had not been activated nor used and a refund would be investigated.  I requested at that time that the card be frozen from activation and use as it was no longer in my possession.

I have followed up in two week increments and given three different claim numbers and nothing was done except noting frivolous notes on each account to justify closing the claim.  For the first time on 1/3/2013 I was asked to fax the receipt in which I did within 1 hour of the request.  I faxed it three times from two different fax machines to ensure receipt.  I saved my transmission confirmations.  On 1/5/2012 I was told that no fax had been received.

I found out two days ago that that card has now been used and was given yet another claim number because the card had been used.  I was AGAIN asked to fax receipt.   On today, 1/7/2013, I faxed the receipt again plus the three previous fax confirmations. I realize that the Wal-Mart Money Cards are outsourced which I am sure Mr. Sam Walton would not appreciate as he would also not appreciate this lack of customer service I have been provided.

Sometimes it is not worth the savings to outsource.    This was my thirteen year old daughter's money she earned dog sitting in which she was going to use to purchase i-tunes and online games.  She is still waiting on a refund.  Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2013 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wal-Mart/Bentonville-Arkansas-72712/Wal-Mart-Wal-Mart-Money-Card-Fraud-Bentonville-Arkansas-992641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wal-Mart