Complaint Review: Wal Mart

• Submitted: Mon, April 16, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, August 09, 2007

• Reported By:Springfield Missouri
Wal Mart
702 Sw 8th Street Bentonville, Arkansas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 479-273-4000
  • Web:
  • Category: Customer

Wal Mart Incorportaed Billing department needs major training Bentonville Arkansas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Walmart's credit company is GE (General Electric) Money Bank

I too have just cancelled a Wal-Mart/Netscape Internet service, after figuring out that the phone number on the credit card statement has a "0" instead of a "1" in front of it. They tried to talk me into just suspending my account for a few months, but I was very clear about cancelling and got a confirmation number.

Just to be safe, I will also call my credit card company and tell them to refuse future payments to that account. Speaking of confirmation numbers, when I had a Wal-Mart credit card, I always paid my bill either before the due date or on the due date. If it was before, I would send it by U.S. Mail and if it was too close to the due date, I paid it in person at Wal-Mart.

Suddenly I start getting calls 7 days per week, from 8:00 a.m. until 10 p.m. from Wal-Mart telling me that I owe them better than $1200.00. Knowing full well I did not owe them one cent, I tried to give them all of my "confirmation numbers" off of my statements and receipts, showing that payment was received. "Well, we don't show that on our files!" I'm sorry as I can be that you don't show it, I have in my possession your statements showing you in fact did receive these payments and then they started the "hanging up on me" tactic also. They had the audacity to turn me over for collection!

I told them to prepare for court because I was going to fight this with their own paperwork and accounting. I did take them to court and without a lawyer of my own. Their Attorney couldn't even make heads nor tails of their accounting and dropped the case completely. Seems to me that a company as big as that, could surely afford to have better training for the people who are counting their money!

Sue
Springfield, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2007 10:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wal-Mart/Bentonville-Arkansas-72716/Wal-Mart-Incorportaed-Billing-department-needs-major-training-Bentonville-Arkansas-244232. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wal Mart

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Walmart's credit company is GE (General Electric) Money Bank

AUTHOR: Burgmama - (U.S.A.)

General Electric Money Bank is the Credit card provider for Walmart, Walmart Discover, Sams Club and Sams Club Discover. Employees are told that phone call averages must be under 200 seconds. So we are in a big hurry to get you off the phone the longer you keep us on the phone the better your chances of getting the fee waived, because we are promised that we will lose our jobs. I used to work in one of the call centers until today. We were told that unless the proof that the payment was made on-time is recieved that no late fees or finance charges can be waived. When i first started working there last year we could do a 1 time courtesty fee waiver, in the last year I was told that no fees could be waived unless is was due to GE error. When you make a payment in the store or club you used to be able to make the payment on the due date without penalty, but now you will get a late fee. We can not waive any late fee unless you ask for it to be waived and that you will CLOSE your account if it is not waived. If this does not work ask to speak to a supervisor, and threaten to close your account. By the way all the promotions like the 20.00 credit for opening an account or 12 months of no payments no interest are a joke too. You will not get either unless you call 2 or 3 times. Pay close attention to your statements!