Complaint Review: Wal-Mart

• Submitted: Wed, July 16, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, August 12, 2008

• Reported By:galesburg Illinois
Wal-Mart
www.walmart.com Galesburg, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 309-344-1180
  • Web:
  • Category: Employees

Wal-Mart had cart full of stuff and 3 yr daughter she hurt her toe wanted in cart moved stuff to make room she was crying got pop out of machine to calm her down was approched and was arrested for theft Galesburg Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: That's A Good Story, I'd Stay With That One

*Consumer Comment: Stop trying to shoplift.

*Consumer Comment: Yes.

*Consumer Comment: not smart

*Consumer Comment: I find this very hard to believe, however...

I had been shopping for an hour my 3 year old daughter was walking, mind you I had a big 3 drawer rubber maid tought in the cart and alot of little around the house things and then I got a dresser and put it on the cart, and an intertanment center we was looking at birthday party stuff and my 3 year old dropped a can of silly string on her toe and it cut it open. She continued to walk for awhile because I kept telling her that there was no room in the cart for her. Finally after listening to her cry for awhile I proceeded to rearrange stuff in the cart to make room I put some smaller items in the drawers of the tout, mind you I was doing this not caring who seen me cause I wasn't trying to hide anything. I guess that a employee saw me do this and told the loss pervention. my daughter kept crying and said that she was thirsty so i proceeded to the front of the store and went threw the security alarms with the manager and the door greeter standing there noone said anything. bought pop out of machine and stode by the pop machine and drank the pop with daughter as I was getting ready to turn to come in a man approached me and asked to see my reciet i told him i had no reciet cause was not paid for yet. He asked me to come with him so I did. at that point my daughter had to use the bathroom, so i asked if i could take her he had a female follow me to the bathroom at that point i called my husband on cell phone and told him what was going on and he kept telling me i did nothing wrong so just take my personnal stuff and leave as i existed the bathroom the man was standing there and he kept telling me come with me to this room i proceeded to tell him i wasn't going to and didn't have to all this time a women employee is walking close behind me like i was in jail and this is at the front of all the check outs so that i was being embarresed. the man never once said that he suspected that i was stealing or that i was being detained for theft. just kept saying come with me finally got to the doors he turned himself infront of the doors as if to block me from leaving i side steped him and he moved to that side so i went to the other side and went out the doors. he followed me threw the parking lot and stode at the back of my car the whole time that i put daughter in car seat and wrote down license plate number telling me that i would be arrested. I left and come to find out that he got in his vehicle and followed me till the police pulled me over. they searched my car and of course found nothing. I was arrested on felony theft charges. I even left my own personnal property in the cart at the store and still have not received it back. i never left the building with any of the merchandise i simpley stode by pop machine and tried to calm my daughter down the manager himself said that i stode there for about 10 min obviously if i was going to steal that stuff then i would not have stode there for 10 min they also had employee watch me whole time i was out there and they never came to me and said if merchandise isn't paid for then need to return cart back inside security alarms. it was really messed up and in process of taking it to jury trial and would really appricated some leagal advise or lawyer to help me out.

Anonymous
galesburg, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2008 09:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wal-Mart/Galesburg-Illinois-61401/Wal-Mart-had-cart-full-of-stuff-and-3-yr-daughter-she-hurt-her-toe-wanted-in-cart-moved-st-352177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wal-Mart

#1 Consumer Suggestion

That's A Good Story, I'd Stay With That One

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

You're either a liar, a terrible mother or a really bad shoplifter or all of the above. Do you really think that anyone would believe that you would continue to shop while your 3 year old daughter walks around the store with a bleeding toe, crying? A 3 year crying with a bleeding toe, can't sit in mommy's cart cause it's too full of crap? Give me a frickin' break. I'm not sure what attracted more attention? The crying 3 year old with the bleeding toe OR mommy stuffing merchandise into the drawers of a chest. I'm also not sure why she was crying. Was it her thirst or the bleeding toe? It just gets better from here. You left out plenty of facts in your post. Like you took the cart, full of merchandise, out past the doorgreeter. A normal person would have left their cart right inside the entrance and gone out to get the drink. Then, all of a sudden your daughter has to go to the bathroom. Hell, you've ignored her and her needs for the last hour or so, why start now? You jet into the bathroom for some breathing room, consult your husband on the cellphone and try for your big getaway. You then bail out as fast and your crying, bleeding 3 year old will allow you and race for the car. What a load of crap. Here's some advise. Plead guilty and hope they don't take your daughter away from you for being an unfit mother. Also, go back to school and get an education and learn to read and write. The do have classes in prison. This is one sad tale.

Stop trying to shoplift.

AUTHOR: Kanostickler - (U.S.A.)

You were trying to steal, admit it. I can't even count the number of times we've arrested mothers and fathers that take their children on shoplifting sprees. They think that somehow if they have children with them they won't be suspected.

None of what you said or did makes any sense.

AUTHOR: Atlanta Guy - (U.S.A.)

Steve hit the nail on the head on this one. There must be a LOT missing from this story, though it's hard to tell with your complete lack of spelling, grammar and syntax skills. It was most certainly a waste of tax payers money for you to sit in school. Yes, you are most definitely a functional illiterate, and that is the cause of the majority of problems in your life, including THIS problem, most likely.

not smart

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

you should have not taken the items from the shopping area. im not sure if you legaly stole the items or not by taking them through the security or not of if you have to leave the outer doors of the store or not but your still in trouble. you should have left the cart in the store and went to get the soda then came back in.

I find this very hard to believe, however...

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I feel that there is much more to the story here, as I cannot see anything in your report that would justify a felony charge, or even a misdemeanor theft charge.

However, you did make a very bad choice taking unpaid merchandise through the exit doors. Actually a series of bad choices, another is taking your 3 year old on such an extended shopping trip.

The only rip off I see here is that the taxpayers paid to send you to school and you are functionally illiterate. That is the rip off here. Literacy adds to your credibility.

Did you ever hear the old saying "too stupid to live"?