Complaint Review: Wal-Mart

• Submitted: Wed, February 18, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, February 21, 2009

• Reported By:Vail Arizona
Wal-Mart
18680 S Nogales Hwy Sahuarita, Arizona U.S.A.

Wal-Mart Supercenter Charged twice for the same groceries Sahuarita Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Types of cards?

I mistakenly swiped the wrong card while paying for my purchase. I caught my mistake and did not sign the authorization. I was told by the CSR (who was quite rude) that the transaction could not be backed up and I would have to recheck the order on the next register.

I ended up with smashed groceries (which they did offer to replace if I drove the 12 miles back to the store) and the transaction charged to both cards with an overlimit fee assessed on one. The CSM told me that I had authorized the charge to the card as soon as I swiped it. I believe that my signature is required for the charge to be authorized.

I never signed the authorization. Should I press fraud charges against Wal-Mart? They told me it will take 2 weeks to refund my card, but it was charged on the first business day.

David
Vail, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2009 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wal-Mart/Sahuarita-Arizona/Wal-Mart-Supercenter-Charged-twice-for-the-same-groceries-Sahuarita-Arizona-425771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wal-Mart

Types of cards?

AUTHOR: Whycustomersaredumb - (U.S.A.)

What were the types of cards if you don't mind me asking, did you enter a pin?

The registers suck in the fact that if the customer doesn't want to sign after that card is swiped and the register is asking for a signer there is no way or canceling it! Push clear pushes the transaction through where than it needs to be aborted. Even if aborted you might still get the overdraft fees. Talk to the store manger.. A CSM can't do much about it, they can return the the charge that should have been aborted but thats it. I manger MIGHT give you a gift card worth the amount of fees or even nothing saying that you still swiped your card. It's not about signing anymore... Good luck.