Complaint Review: Wal-mart #2722

• Submitted: Fri, October 03, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 03, 2008

• Reported By:Fairbanks Alaska
Wal-mart #2722
537 Johansen Expressway Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Wal-mart, Wal-mart #2722 Inconveniently detained by a clerk as I tried to exit Wal-mart with a very full cart and receipt in hand. Fairbanks Alaska

I was trying to exit Wal-mart and I was stopped and made to wait for almost 10 minutes while my receipt was checked.

They were looking at my receipt and then digging through my bags to find the items. I had items that didn't get bagged out in plain view so they didn't have to look all over. They should have checked for those on the receipt and let me go. But they went through everything in my cart. I had $500 worth of paid items. They made comments about some items as they made casual conversation. Then they had a personal conversation with another employee. I ask for a manager but after 15 minutes I just left.

It was cold by the doors and people were staring at me and my 2 children. My kids wanted to know what I did wrong and why we had to stand there for so long. They don't want to go to that store anymore.

I watched 4 other people with items in carts (with no bags at all) walk right out the door. No one stopped them.

I worked as a Loss Prevention Person and I had STATE issued laws to follow when approaching anyone about questionable purchases.

SOLUTION: Better training of employees, larger bags, large paid stickers and tape for really big stuff and signs to remind you about request for receipts.

Alaskan30
Fairbanks, Alaska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2008 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wal-mart-2722/Fairbanks-Alaska-99701/Wal-mart-Wal-mart-2722-Inconveniently-detained-by-a-clerk-as-I-tried-to-exit-Wal-mart-w-378170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wal-mart #2722