Complaint Review: WalMart Money Card

• Updated: Thu, February 28, 2013

• Reported By: Heather — Summerfield Florida United States of America
WalMart Money Card
Walmart MoneyCard P.O. Box 1187 Internet United States of America

WalMart Money Card Hassle, Trying to get my SSN to verify my identity, blocked my card , Internet

I got a call this morning from my Wal-Mart Money Card holder asking for my name and last four digits of my social as a "security action". I gave the information as they already had it to activate my card months ago. They then told me that the information I just gave them didn't match their records and that they were going to block the use of my card until I faxed them a copy of my ID and social security card. I told them that I was not sure why they would ever need such a thing and that if what I just said didn't match their records then that's an error on their end not mine and that I had not changed my name or my social. I said I would fax my ID but never my social. The lady said that was fine, so I did. I came home, called them to see if everything was fine now and a man told me that I needed to also fax a copy of my social security card. I told him I did what I was told to do and that this is seeming like a big scam and asked to speak to a manager. He told me they were too busy for me and said someone would call me when they had the time. I told him I'd be waiting and that I was going to report them. There's not much money on the card but it's the point of it, it's still mine. I don't know what to do now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2013 05:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WalMart-Money-Card/internet/WalMart-Money-Card-Hassle-Trying-to-get-my-SSN-to-verify-my-identity-blocked-my-card--1021759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WalMart Money Card