Complaint Review: WalMart

• Submitted: Fri, November 05, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, April 16, 2012

• Reported By: David — Columbus Ohio United States of America
WalMart
East Main Street Store #3447 Phone #614-239-7509 Chicago, Illinois United States of America

WalMart Store #3447 and their manager Charles Wheeler and their productassist.com/walmart and their managers and all their online agents and Asurion Service Plans,Inc.@875 North Michigan Ave Suite 1404 #877-9 I purchased a Compaq Laptop computer and 2 year service plan on 10/23/2010. The laptop didn't work when I returned home. I went back to Walmart but they told me to register on their productassist.com/ Chicago, Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: How things should have gone down.

*General Comment: Walmart Corporate Website

*Consumer Suggestion: Your Plan

*Consumer Comment: Need more information

*Consumer Suggestion: File a complaint with your attorney general of your state

I purchased a laptop and 2 year service plan. The laptop never worked. I attempted to return it to Walmart store #3447. The store said they could not do anything. I called their product assist line and they said take it back to the store and I did again take it to the store. The manager said he could not help me. I contacted the product assist on line and told them the problem. They said they can't do anything. I spent the last 4 weeks trying to get service everydat 3 or 4 times a day and I have documentation from them in e-mail that I printed.

They have had me set in the customer service dept for hours after hours without ever talking to me. The store managers would stand and laugh at me. They sell junk and service plans that are worthless. You can experience their flaws by contacting their service on line. I,ve been intimmedated and imbarassed and insulted and humililiated in front of many other customers and I also have their names. Yhey have cost me thousands. I have another laptop I purchased 11/03/2010 and having the same problems getting the anti virus and online backup for my files. Ipaid for all of this from the same WalMart store.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2010 03:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WalMart/Chicago-Illinois-60611/WalMart-Store-3447-and-their-manager-Charles-Wheeler-and-their-productassistcomwalmart-658890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WalMart

How things should have gone down.

AUTHOR: J-Rod - (United States of America)

When you have a problem with your computer during the first 14days, you should take it back to the store. if you are going to have problems that soon into the use of the product you can almost bet that the computer is always going to give problems.  if its after the return policy it depends on what problems you are having with the computer. Both the Manufacturer and the Service plan do not cover software. if its normal usage damage then you need to contact the manufacturer during the first year, after the first year then your service plan provider.  if its not normal usage damage and your service plan covers ADH then contact the service plan during the first year and tell them its accidental damage and it will be covered. They love it when you say its accidental damage because that means they dont have to try and fix it over the phone.  If you fall under any of the conditions above then you were misled.

The online mcafee anti virus and back up problems... what can happen is there can be a conflict between databases. if your computer is registered over the phone in the actuall claims data base and you try to register online and you register any of your information differently than how it is in the claims data base or of the claims data base is only a parital registration then you will get faulty duplicate accounts and it wont work.  call and get an experianced rep in the pc care department and they know how to fix this issue. and can get you all fixed up.

#2 General Comment

Walmart Corporate Website

AUTHOR: anealysr - (USA)

If you have all your facts documented go to Walmart.com and file a complaint to the corporate office.

I have and they called me the next day. I'm sure they will resolve it.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Your Plan

AUTHOR: IntheKnow - (USA)

If you returned it to Wal-mart within their 15 days return policy you should have gotten a refund or credit.  It appears as though this is after.  Your "2-year" service plan administrator defers to the manufacturer in year 1 for all electrical and electronic issues.  If your issue was physical damage or liquid spills, they would be legally obligated to fix or replace your laptop.   Otherwise, you can send this out to the manufacturer for service.

If you felt you were "deceived" by what the plan does or does not do, contact the Store Manager; call the Market Office (Market Manager)  if that doesn't work.

Need more information

AUTHOR: Chris - (United States of America)

When did you purchase it and when did you attempt to return it?  What reason were you given for being refused a refund/exhange?

If you had returned it right away, and you should have if it never worked, there shouldn't be a problem unless there was some damage that they believe you caused.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

File a complaint with your attorney general of your state

AUTHOR: Nathan - (U.S.A.)

I would suggest you go back to the store with a tape recorder in your pocket.  Tape all that is said.  Then file a complaint with your Attorney General of your state.  Provide them a copy of the tape and all proof that you have this service plan.

you can also get a spy pen that will record.  Put it on your lapel.  I would love to see the expression on that managers face when he gets fired.  You must hide the pen so it there but recording.  This manager must think he is some kind of goddness or something to laugh at you.

I bet that walmart will worship the ground you walk on once you file a complaint.

I do not shop at Walmart.  I use to.  They got greedy and nasty.  So Now I boycott them and I spread the word.  Suffer the consequences --Nastymart or Nazimart.

To all you puppet on the strings that don't like my rebuttal.  That's to bad. May Nastymart go bankrupt.  Please report back so I know whether my advise is working for people.

Good Luck