Complaint Review: Walgreen Co. Check Insuf. Funds

• Updated: Sat, September 19, 2009

• Reported By: cajonestx — Mantua New Jersey USA
Walgreen Co. Check Insuf. Funds
200 Wilmot Road Deerfield, Illinois United States of America

Walgreen Co. Check Insuf. Funds Walgreens, Walgreens Company, WAG EasySaver rebate check returned stamped Insufficient funds Deerfield Illinois

* : Walgreens

* : update

I have one that bounced 7/23/09.  Here is what I have learned after several phone calls made over a couple of weeks - and much effort to be patient and reasonable.  Walgreens has absolutely horrible service.  I received a $13 Check from them - first one had a piece ripped off, right where the account# should have been. The 2nd one bounced!   I just knew this had to be a horrible mistake and it would be corrected  ASAP - or in fact that I would get a call or letter.  I got no such thing. No apology letter, no explanation, just excuses! Oh and extra bank fees charged to me that they have yet to address.  So, they have lost my business, no because of an error...they happen, but simply because of incredibly bad service.   I got a replacement check a few days after the NSF Return.  I am awaiting the refund of the bank fee my bank imposed.   No one seems remotely willing to help with that.      How do companies go out of business?  One dissatisfied customer at a time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2009 07:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walgreen-Co-Check-Insuf-Funds/Deerfield-Illinois-60015/Walgreen-Co-Check-Insuf-Funds-Walgreens-Walgreens-Company-WAG-EasySaver-rebate-check-r-486467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walgreen Co. Check Insuf. Funds

#1

Walgreens

AUTHOR: Diogenes - (U.S.A.)

Let's face it.  Walgreens absolutely sucks.  They just don't care about anything or anyone, except themselves.  There are WAAAAYYYY  too many reports about them on this site.  It's truly a wonder that they remain solvent.

#2

update

AUTHOR: cajonestx - (USA)

I received 9/15/2009 a check that covers the amount my bank charged for the NSF - the exact amount. Nearly 2 months later. No apology in any form however. So in summary, the first check that my bank could not cash was replaced with one that was returned Stamped by the WAG Bank - Insufficient Funds, Was replaced - and thankfully cleared this time. And finally - I have a re-imbursement of my bank fee.

The point of my very first post on this matter remains so - Walgreens has incredibly horrible service. As a result, I drive past their stores and go to Wal-Mart for medicine most often. The Walgreen is a newer facility, but when I choose to shop a pharmacy for other products, I go to one of 2 competitors right across the street from Walgreens. All this because of very poor service.  Everything I posted about my experience was fact. SO I update the ripoff website and the other social media sites, and my friends, neighbors, relatives and associates about the newest development. I am just 1 and maybe my circle of influence consists of 2 or 3 people. Even if it were 200 or 300, it would not appear to matter to such a large and successful organization.