racial

• Reported By: Doc — Healdsburg California
Walgreens
Internet USA

Walgreens Walgreens Net10 prepaid cards  Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: The Employee who called you lazy is probably the thief who kept your pin to steal from you.

*Consumer Suggestion: I don't know either of you... But to print the pin on the receipt is stupid.

*Author of original report: I am NOT LAZY

*UPDATE Employee: Again

*Author of original report: Was not explained to me

*Author of original report: They did not explain it

*UPDATE Employee: Net 10

Walgreens sells net10 prepaid cell cards, with NO pin number on the card. Cashier must print a 2nd receipt that contains

the 15 digit pin number. COMPLAINT: Cashier failed to print that receipt. Manager would NOT exchange the card for one

that worked, and kept insisting there were no refunds. We did not want a refund just a CARD and PIN that worked.

This is the only store that makes net10 cards this way, all other stores sell net10 cards that DO HAVE the PIN number on the card

itself. DO NOT BUY NET10 cards from this store. Buy them ANYWHERE else. Savemart, kmart, walmart, rite aid, Best Buy. DO NOT BUY

net10 cards from this AWFUL STORE. WALGREENS CUSTOMER NO SERVICE SUCKS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2013 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walgreens-/internet/Walgreens-Walgreens-Net10-prepaid-cardsnbsp-Internet-1057261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walgreens

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Miki - ()

I was just thinking.....wait, let me preference my experience a bit.....I do research for criminal attorneys as a profession.

I have been researching many people getting scammed by different types of thieves using these reloadable cards ...some are by Net10 and many are GreenDot.

All the scammers need is the number on the back and/or the Pin. The pin that prints out is the worst. I am not permitted to speak about any cases, but the term "inside Job" as it relates to people stealing money off of these kinds of cards, has been thrown around a bit....speaking of the clerks (of course).

I would venture to say that the "Employee" responding to this thread is NOT the manager. He is most likely the clerk and possibly the thief.

I don't know either of you, so I am just speculating. I can not honestly comment on either of your characters. I am just saying that this is really happening. People are stealing from other people using this method (yes, including clerks at any store). Don't believe me? just look up "reloadable cards scams" and you will find hundreds of Youtube videos of people falling for fraud....and either giving up the number on the back, or the pin being stolen by the clerk.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I don't know either of you... But to print the pin on the receipt is stupid.

AUTHOR: Miki - ()

The clerk could have kept the receipt with the pin on it and then gone into the gift card at hone on his or her computer and accessed all the funds and even transfered the funds into their account. That is actually a common scam.

I would file a report with the police if any of the gift card's funds are missing.

I am NOT LAZY

AUTHOR: Doc - ()

I DID CALL Net10 and THEY said the resolition to the problem of NO 2nd receipt was up to the store manager who REFUSED to help me and gave me the run around. The only thing they did well and repeatedly was to remind me how there were no refunds on these cards. I know that.

And you have a lot of NERVE calling me LAZY. You do not know me. I am FAR from lazy. After dumping hours of time into this, I decided to buy a NORMAL prepaid card like ALL the OTHER STORES offer. Your store is a rip off and I find avoiding it works best for me.

Walgreens and net10's collaboration to pring the pin on the receipt, is designed to rip off the customer.

Again

AUTHOR: JuanD - ()

Again, it was your responsibility to check the receipt before you left the register.  Since most clerks hand the 2 receipts together, I will also say that you threw it away, and then tried to blame the clerk.  If you had the store receipt, you could have called Net10 yourself, and got the PIN from them.  Just because you are lazy doesn't mean the clerk did anything wrong.  No refunds means no refunds.  Next time, check the receipt before you leave the counter.  Problem solved.

Was not explained to me

AUTHOR: Doc - ()

AGAIN, you are quoting what WALGREENS SHOULD HAVE DONE and normally does.I did NOT toss the 2nd receipt I did not get one. Mistakes happen and in this case I got burned, by the retailer not following procedure. AND N10 said the WG manager COULD have helped and sat on the phone with them and helped.  But they chose not to. Stop drinking the WG coolaid here. Moron.

But in this case, the clerk did NOT explain to me the PIN was on the 2nd receipt. I was only handed ONE receipt. IF I had a video of what happened I would share it with you. NO other retailer does this. And while I may shop at WG again,

I will buy the cards at another retailer so the PIN is on the card.

They did not explain it

AUTHOR: Doc - ()

The clerk did NOT explain that the pin was printed on the second receipt. They did repeat how there were

NO refunds no refunds no refunds several times. Perhaps this store personnel had lack of training

in this area. I will only buy cards at OTHER stores that have the pin on the card. This is a consumer

rip off, and I got burned on this. ONLY ONCE. I will never shop again at walgreens.

Net 10

AUTHOR: JuanD - ()

The clerk does not have to print you a second receipt with a PIN.  It automatically prints at the register, and is then handed to the customer.  What usually happens then is the customer either throws it away, and then claims they never got it or refuses the receipt and walks out the door.  We are not allowed to give refunds on any kind of prepaid or gift card.  Listening carefully to the clerk when they explain the receipt contains your PIN is your responsibility.