• Report: #195560

• Submitted: Thu, June 08, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, January 14, 2008

• Reported By:Anaheim California
Walgreens Pharmacy Retail Store
3446 West Ball Road Anaheim, California U.S.A.

Walgreens Pharmacy Retail Store discriminatory, rude cashier, assistant managers, unconscientious and unprofessional treatment Anaheim California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Agreed

*UPDATE Employee: Just Ask

*UPDATE Employee: Hate to hear it

*Consumer Comment: I think....

*Consumer Suggestion: Simple Situation;Simple resolution

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Rather than go to class, they will get promoted

I asked cashier to change my dollar to make a phone call. Cashier. Mr. Robert Rodriguez said "we do not give change unless you buy something" I was trying to explain why I needed the change for but instead stated " You wanna talk to our Manager" I said OK. I waited for manager. Manager-Mr. Francisco, Carillo came and I asked for a change. He said It's memorial day weekend we do'nt give change on holidays since we might run out. I try to explain why I needed change but then he rudely stated"I'm off duty you need to talk to another manager. I waited 15 minutes. Another Manager-Mr. Rasham grooms came and said the same thing. I told him I needed change to make phone call to my grandmother since I forgot the name of the medicine she was trying to ask me to buy here in Walgreens. I was never given an opportunity to explain why I needed the change and neither of the managers offered for me to call my ailing grandmother to find out the name of medications she needed. I called the customer service to file a complaint and I was told that Mr. Romero who was the head manager will contact me. He never did. I wanted for Mr. Romero to send his staff to a public relations class or a Customer service class and I wanted proof that he did send them. I do not want these people to do the same thing to others. I work as a supervisor and we send our unethical staff to class and we even counsel them for unprofessional behavior.

Lord victor
Anaheim, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2006 09:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walgreens-Pharmacy-Retail-Store/Anaheim-California-92804/Walgreens-Pharmacy-Retail-Store-discriminatory-rude-cashier-assistant-managers-unconsci-195560. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walgreens Pharmacy Retail Store

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Agreed

AUTHOR: Fathergod - (U.S.A.)

The Pharmacy has no issues at all with allowing a customer to use the phone in this situation. They would even be willing to speak to your grandmother to help get the correct medication. If you are still unhappy, please do this

Go to the Walgreens website and click on contact us. Then click on Customer Service and write in a compliment or a complaint. Corporate and store management will get an email regarding the situation and will take care of the problem.

Just Ask

AUTHOR: Celeste - (U.S.A.)

I am an employee of Walgreen. I work in the Pharmacy. If you ever find yourself in such a situation again, just ask the Pharmacist if you can use their phone. We do it all the time. No problem.

Hate to hear it

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

Sorry that this happened to you. I am a store manager for Walgreens and I would never allow that to happen, but I do hear about it all the time from Corporate.

They are aware of this happening and they do make every effort to stop it. By having mystery shoppers every month in all stores and constant training for employees and rewards for those stores that stand out for excellent customer service.

When people come in to ask for change for the phone I always offer the use of our phone first, I always order extra quaters from the bank just so the people in my neighborhood can have it for the laundry mat.

Please don't let one bad visit keep you from ever going back to Walgreens. It is a great company and I have worked at many drug store retailers and they are by far the best when it comes to customer service and improving the quality of customer service that we provide.

Thanks
Ken S.

I think....

AUTHOR: Leticia - (U.S.A.)

that the Head Manager was the cause of your problems. It's not that his staff needs more customer relation skills, it sounds to me that he needs more money management skills.

I once worked with a manager who would under order the money that we would need for change.
If it was a holiday weekend when banks are closed longer, it was even worse.

I remember one time not only were we not able to give change for a dollar, we also had to put up signs asking for 5s or 1s and exact change (saying we will wait while you find it.) Because we were down to $20 in fives, $20 in ones, and using nickels for change because we had nothing else. (and this was second shift at a 24hr store.)

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Simple Situation;Simple resolution

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

Crazy retail managers get one thing in their head and they run with it.

They should have given you change for your dollar to make a call. But, there were several alternatives present.

(a) buy a small pack of gum.

(b) ask to use one of their phones.

Dealing with certain simple minded being requires clever trickery. Don't let them get the best of you.

Regards

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Rather than go to class, they will get promoted

AUTHOR: Daniel - (U.S.A.)

Sir, this is the treatment that customers are now getting at Walgreens. And the manager and another cashier that I used to work with for 2 1/2 years was more rude to customers AND THE EMPLOYEES then the managers you got. Many people complained about both of them but yet nothing was done. And what happened to me, I tried to speak out against this unprofessional behaviour and I got fired. What happened to the manager, she got promoted. And the cashier, she had a choice to leave. I did not!

But here is what is going to happened to those that treated you badly. Instead of going to a customer service class or public relations class, they will end up getting promoted to other stores!

However, I would suggest for you to talk to the media about this treatment and write letters to the editor to your newspaper. Also tell your friends about your experience and tell them never to go to any Walgreens.

Thankfully I am now working for a company that treats their customers with respect.