Gods

• Updated: Wed, May 29, 2013

• Reported By:Bethlehem Pennsylvania
Walgreens
Rte. 191, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania USA

Walgreens misleading sale prices , pushing their customer cards Bethlehem Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: No deception

Walgreens is the only retail outlet I know of in our area that sells CloSYS mouth wash. So, every two or three months, I go there to buy two or three bottles.

Today, the shelf was marked "Sale Price: $10.99" in big letters. When I went to check-out, I was charged the regular price. I pointed out the sale price was clearly marked on the shelf. The clerk replied, "that is only for people with Walgreen cards."

Now, in my experience, a clearly marked sale price on the shelf in a public retail store is for everybody. In the past, I have gone into Walgreens and bought my CloSYS for the sale price shown on the shelf.

Walgreen is especially obnoxious about trying to push those cards on customers. That is one reason I seldom go there for anything else except what I have to buy from them. Those customer service cards are not for the benefit of the customer, they are  fodder for a corporate data base, and I personally do not want to be registered in any more of those data bases than absolutely necessary, especially a drug store.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2013 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walgreens/Bethlehem-Pennsylvania-18017/Walgreens-misleading-sale-prices-pushing-their-customer-cards-Bethlehem-Pennsylvania-1054755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walgreens

No deception

AUTHOR: Kitty - ()

In the paper, on the ad tags, and almost everywhere around the store it says "With card".  Small print, but all companies are about the small print.

It has been like this since at least October 2012.

Personally, I get no "extra points" for being an employee, but have redeemed over $200 in free merchandise from points since launch. If you give it a try, you just may like it!

Plus....Who cares if someone knows you buy toothpaste? My deals stopped finally shooting out depends coupons! lol