cholesterol

• Reported By: Barbara Bell — Wilmington Delaware
Walgreen's
Brackenville Road Hockessin, Delaware USA

Walgreen's fired to suit their needs Hockessin Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Just how..

Afte experiencing unemployment, I was hired by Walgreen's. I come from an extensive banking enviornment. After living with friends, I became homeless and had to live in my car and keep my dog in the car as well. My manger called me into the office regarding the situation. Ther were several conversations regarding this situation. I came to work showered and clean every day, and it never affected my job performance. i WAS called into the office one day with my manager and a loss prevention employee. I was terminated because I had applied two strokes of nail enamel to my fingernails to show to a customer in cosmetics.The bottle that I used was not marked tester, but had been used by many customers in the past.Not only was I terminated and denied unemployment, but was made to purchase the bottle of nail polish as well. they waited two weeks between the 'incident" and termination. So much for zero tolerence.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2014 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walgreens/Hockessin-Delaware/Walgreens-fired-to-suit-their-needs-Hockessin-Delaware-1112563. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walgreen's

Just how..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Unless I missed something, just how did them firing you "suit their needs".

Seems like there is quite a bit of an information gap.

You keep saying you had several conversations about your situation, but only say that it doesn't effect your job.  So why did you keep getting brought into the office?

When you were "showing" the customer the nail polish why must you put it on?  If the customer was going to buy it and the customers have used that same bottle, why couldn't that cusotmer just test it on her nails?  After all she is going to be the one using it..right?  Is there anything in employee rules that say you can use up to a certain amount without getting in trouble?  No...my guess is that it says you can't use things or it would be considred theft.

Let's put it another way.  Say in your "banking job" the US mint came out with new pennies.  Now, since it is only a penny you take one home to show everyone.  Is that theft?  Should you be fired even though it was just a penny?