Complaint Review: Walgreens

• Submitted: Tue, June 18, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, June 19, 2013

• Reported By: Ember — San Bruno California
399 El Camino Real, South San Francisco, CA 94080 South San Francisco, California USA
  • Phone: 650-583-8685
  • Web:
  • Category: Customer

Walgreens Filling Prescription for Pain Medication South San Francisco California

I had a very similar experience.  It started two months ago.  I also have a chronic pain condition and have used Walgreens pharmacy and never had a problem until recently.  I took my Rx to get filled and when I asked  when can I pick this up I was told "It is up to the pharmacist.  When she will allow you to have it."  I asked, "What does that mean.  Why would the pharmacist decide when I can have my  prescription?"  I did not get an answer other than "The pharmacist will decide".  They called my Dr.. who I found out at my next appointment, read her the riot act about prescribing without a license.  Last month I went to again get a Rx filled, I too was target by their system.  I was informed that I could not have my medication as I had a history of filling prescriptions early.  I asked  what does that mean?I have never heard of that before?"  I was informed, anytime you fill a prescription before the date you "run out" that is considered filling the Rx early".  I asked the pharmacist, how would I k.ow that?  What happens if you are out of stock--what happens then?"She said, well, I guess you could fill it 2days early."  I said, isn't that what I am doing?"  I said, cl my Dr,  and request  his authorization.  My Dr authorized the Rx, when I called  to che k on the status, the individual who answeted the phone said they needed to check on the status.  He did not put me on hold, just coveted the phone, he informed the pharmacist I was on the phone and did she want to talk to me.  The pharmacist daid,"I don't want to talk to her".  I did get mt prescriptio..  Wonderful customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2013 07:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walgreens/South-San-Francisco-California-94080/Walgreens-Filling-Prescription-for-Pain-Medication-South-San-Francisco-California-1060229. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walgreens