Complaint Review: Walker Toyota

Dayton Ohio Miamisburg, Ohio USA

Walker Toyota Disapointed and feel ripped off Miamisburg Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Car purchase:

*Consumer Comment: JohnQ,

*Consumer Comment: Let me put this in perspective...

I bought a brand new vehicle from Walker Toyota company which cost over $40,000+. Also bought the expensive extended warranty. Original warranty and extended both ran out and then I started getting an engine light problem. Vehicle ran fine, but engine light stayed on. Each time I took it in they came up with another "reason" and replacement that cost me a lot of money. They cleared the code which made it seem like it was fixed. In 1-3 weeks the code came back and I took it back and they came up with another excuse which cost me more money.

Each time the diagnostic was $100 for "clearing the code" and the labor and parts were thousands. They never fixed the problem, just charged me a ton of money. I talked to the manager and explained how frustrated I was spending all that money and time and that it was still not fixed. He said "sell the car". After spending more than the car was valued at (present value since it is now older), I did not want to sell at a huge loss.  I finally went out and bought a Scan Guage tool for a hundred bucks. I read the code and it says it is not an important code and can be cleared in 1 second. I continue to run the vehicle and it runs great. The code comes back but I clear it. Never went back to Walker Toyota again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2014 07:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walker-Toyota/Miamisburg-Ohio-45459/Walker-Toyota-Disapointed-and-feel-ripped-off-Miamisburg-Ohio-1117523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walker Toyota

Car purchase:

AUTHOR: Jerry - ()

I have bought quite a few cars from this dealership and have always had a very good experience with them.   If your light is still coming on I would guess you still have a problem.  Just resetting it is not the answer in my opinion.  You should get it checked out by someone before you do more damage to the car than you already have.  Just my thoughts.

JohnQ,

AUTHOR: Karl - ()

Many people who have done extensive research are aware of the fact that Toyota Corporation has been manufacturing defective engines for over a decade. These engines are prone to developing sludge, due to the faulty engine design. Make sure to 'Google' this- TOP 275 COMPLAINTS AND REVIEWS ABOUT TOYOTA ENGINE PROBLEMS, and read through all of the complaints for important information.

Good luck to you, and make sure to have a mechanic check your engine for sludge. A build-up of sludge in the engine will cause it to run hotter. This could be one of the reasons that your 'check engine light' comes on. You can also 'Google' this- IMAGES FOR ENGINE SLUDGE, and see what the sludge looks like.

Let me put this in perspective...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Car companies spend millions of dollars desiging a car, including putting in these diagonstic codes.

If this code was really not that important...why is it there in the first place?

Look I am not saying that this dealer didn't rip you off, of course I am not saying that they did either.  There is just not enough information.  What I am saying is that you are trusting what a $100 tool says.  Perhaps you should take it to a different mechanic.  There are probably dozens of Independent Mechanics in your area that not only work on but specialize in Toyota's.  They may confirm that it is not an issue, they may say that it is actually more serious and give you a reason why, or they may say that yes they can totally fix it for $20.