Complaint Review: Wall Mart

• Reported By: Alan — Granite Falls North Carolina United States of America
Wall Mart
Hwy 321 Granite Falls, North Carolina United States of America

Wall Mart Selling boxed food that is out of date Granite Falls, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: First, who or what is Wall Mart?

For the past 6 months I have bought an extra approximately $50 worth of boxed groceries from Wall Mart each time I bought groceries.  I have put them in a cupboard to save them in case of a food shortage.  This morning I went to use one box and noticed it was out of best to use by date.

I pulled all the boxes out and checked them and found that over 2/3 of the boxes were out of date. Most were over a year or 2 out of date even though all were bought within the past 6 months.  There are about $280 worth of groceries out of date.  I called Wall Mart customer service and was informed they would take back groceries out of date only with a receipt no more than a couple of days after purchase.

I am stuck with 42 boxes of out of date food some costing $4.00 a box.  I went down to wall Mart this morning and checked some of the costlier items on the shelf, and found many of them out of code now on the shelf.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2012 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wall-Mart/Granite-Falls-North-Carolina-28630/Wall-Mart-Selling-boxed-food-that-is-out-of-date-Granite-Falls-North-Carolina-945141. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wall Mart

First, who or what is Wall Mart?

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

We don't have any of these in our town.
The closest we have is Walmart.

I have checked numerous Walmart expiration dates over the years and have NEVER found out of date packages on the shelves.

Here's my guess, YOU stocked up and later, no matter what you posted,  found out you'd kept the items past the expiration and then to give credibility to your report, claimed to have found numerous items on the shelf out of date....how'd I do?

Glad they didn't cave in to your scam.