Shakespeare

• Updated: Mon, September 02, 2013

• Reported By: Jeff — akron Ohio
Walla Move and Store
1274 49th st brooklyn, NY 11219 , Select State/Province USA

Walla Move and Store Failed to full fill contract, low estimate, didnt finish move brooklyn New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Walla Answer

I had an estimator from this company come to my house and give me an estimate, after this I agreed to use the company. Then on the day they came to take my stuff, even though I had less items than the estimate all the sudden the total amount of space for the move went up by 50%. This was the first sign of worry.

On the day they brought the truck to my house to unload, they told me I needed to pay 500 dollars for a shuttle fee, because I was in an area that did not allow them to unload. I called the police who came and told them park in the street with a cone and unload. The driver proceeded to argue with the police about the ability to park there. At this point he put out a cone and started to unload, I could tell he was nervous so to be nice I said he could leave the small boxes and take in the big items. He then proceeded to unload the truck brought in 2 items and left everything else on the curb. Half way though he stopped unloading until I signed to say all boxes where to be left. He took in a couch and the bed, but left every other piece of furniture and items outside.

He was in a hurry because he had to then load up a refrigerator and take it over to the parents of someone who worked for the company. So this seemed to be more important than my move.  I was missing a box when he drove off, but he had to move that refrigerator. I tried to contact the company they said they would call me back that was over three weeks ago. I signed a contract and paid a lot for this move and they didn't complete there end of the contract at all. Then ignored my issue afterwards, there was never a follow up call, they my emails were then ignored after the first week.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2013 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walla-Move-and-Store/Select-StateProvince/Walla-Move-and-Store-Failed-to-full-fill-contract-low-estimate-didnt-finish-move-brookl-1081056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walla Move and Store

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Walla Answer

AUTHOR: sal - ()

To whom it may concern,

The estimate that was provided to Mr. E**** is based on the inventory list that he provided of the items he intended to transport (67 items). As required by law when providing a binding estimate, and on the day of the move, if the customer has more items to transport than his/her initial list of items, we need to provide them with a revised binding estimate before we commence labor as we did. We ended up picking up 95 items that essentially changed the volume of his shipment.

All long distance relocations in the USA are delivered by an 18-wheel tractor-trailer, if at destination there’s no access there is a shuttle fee applied, which is clearly stated signed and initialed by all of our customers.

When the driver Andres Arrived to his location he saw signs that stated that this area was a restricted area for tractor-trailers. At this point he contacted Mr. E**** to notify him regarding the shuttle fee, the customer told the driver that he doesn’t have money for the shuttle and contacted the police department regarding delivery restrictions. Mr. E**** received an answer that the truck could not park over there. At that time a patrol car had passed by and told the driver that he needed to move his truck immediately.

Due to the situation (that he was not allowed to park in that area and that the customer didn’t have money for shuttle service) - our driver, who wanted to resolve the situation and please the customer, suggested to the customer a solution (where he wouldn’t need to pay the shuttle fee) which involved quickly unloading the shipment in front of his building and he would help him to bring up the bulky and heavy items. Given the situation, Mr. E**** decided he would rather go with this solution than pay the shuttle fee.

The driver then approached the police officer and asked him permission to help Mr. E**** with his dilemma. The police officer approved him to stay there no longer than 20 minutes to help Mr. E****. Mr. E**** Checked the inventory while the driver unloaded, all items were accounted for and initialed next to each item. As for the missing box we told Mr. E**** that we will look for it and if we wouldn’t be able to locate it we will send him a claims form, as we did. We sent him a claims form via email on 8/7/2013.

Walla pride itself as a reputable company that provides excellent service from beginning to end, as well as our performance complied with the department of transportation regulations.

We, the Walla team, invite any individual reading this report to check our clear documents that validate our side 100%.

It’s a shame and a travesty that Mr. E**** instead of appreciating our driver’s efforts to lend a helping hand, save him money and resolve the situation in a professional matter – went ahead abusing his privilege, and made false slanderous accusations against our company, and its reputation online.

Sincerely