Complaint Review: Wallmart

• Submitted: Sun, August 05, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, August 05, 2012

• Reported By: Tasha — Doraville Georgia United States of America

Wallmart Bought visa pre pay card. Go to activate it told they could not verfiy refond in 10 days Internet

Going on vacation and I made the deceision it was a good Idea to put any cash I hhad on a pre paid card with Wallmart. First I attempt toactivate the card via phone and they where closed. So I go on line to activate the card as insturcted. They are asking for my ss# and all sorts of info. Im thinking just to activate a gift card upon placing all of my information in to activate. It comes back with a responds of thank you for your interest in a Wallmart card.we will send you a check in 10 days. Im shock what do you mean.I wait tje next morning call the activation staff. Explain what happen thete responds is we cant verify you so we will send you a check in 10days.I offer all I.d to proff who I am and demand my money be returned if this is not exceptable.plus how are you going to send a check to someone that the same information you stated you couldnt verify.what! The holler something about the patriot act. Which I work for a bank has nothing to do with activating a perpaid card nor does it cover promtly reuturning my 250 dollars. Wall mart is saying the cards are reliadable pre paid cards when they are in fact using your information in some other manner like opening up a bank account.which was not what I wanted.A they hold your funds for ten days gaining interest on this money and charge you 20 to e then when they are not able to verify what ever it is they deemed nessary to activate your card .This practice is completly unethical and Im sure illegal. Dont shop or buy there cards ever!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2012 09:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wallmart/internet/Wallmart-Bought-visa-pre-pay-card-Go-to-activate-it-told-they-could-not-verfiy-refond-in-922732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wallmart