Complaint Review: Walmart Connect Internet Service

• Reported By:Ellington Missouri
Walmart Connect Internet Service
http://portal.compuserve.com/wmconnect/menu/default.asp Nationwide U.S.A.

Walmart Connect Internet Service ripoff Nationwide Nationwide

OMG! I have been on the internet for over 15 years. In this time I have dealt with many of the internet services and now Walmart. Walmart by far was the hardest to get canceled from. After calling 4 times and getting left on hold indefinitely, I finally got to a person on the 5'th time.

This lady was very polite but also extremely determined NOT to cancel my account! I told her there was no local access number near my small town in Missouri (after I had dialed nearly every number in the state's access list personally!)and she claimed that was IMPOSSIBLE! She insisted on going through EVERY single one of the access numbers in the state with the same area code! I kept telling her "No, no, no ... that's long distance ... until she finally got to the end of the list (thank God it was a toll free call!). Then she told me she would send it to the queue of the person in charge of access numbers.

I AGAIN requested cancellation, she then informed me that my next month would be free and if I contacted the person in charge of access numbers he would be able to give me a local number ... I then said "Look Lady! Can you cancel my account for me or what?! That's ALL I want! I already have another provider!" FINALLY, 40 minutes into the call, she agreed to cancel my account! I said ok, can you give me that confirmation number ... that was another 5 minute wait. Finally 45 minutes, and several new gray hairs, later I am supposedly canceled. If I get another bill, I'll be sure to let you know. Now I must admit, this rep was never nasty or rude just obstinate!
Sigh, if they acted like this in their retail stores - they'd be out of business!

Scott
Ellington, Missouri

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Wal-mart

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2004 09:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Connect-Internet-Service/nationwide/Walmart-Connect-Internet-Service-ripoff-Nationwide-Nationwide-110654. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Connect Internet Service