• Report: #51950

• Updated: Tue, June 22, 2004

• Reported By:Raeford North Carolina
Walmart Connect
www.wmconnect.com Internet U.S.A.

*UPDATE Employee: I am an employee of Wal-Mart ... 'What's the problem?'

*Consumer Comment: wmconnect is great

*Consumer Comment: No problems - enjoying WM Connect services

I was shopping in Wal-mart and saw that they afford internet services for 9.95a month. I jumped right at the opportunity, because I was spending 21.95 a month with my current service.
I thought that I was going to save some money... NOT!!!

For 2 whole months I was not able to get on the internet at my home at all. No one said the Windows XP was compatible with the software for wmconnect. Matter of fact, they didn't tell me until I had to call and fuss about my account not being canceled.

They had been continous billing me for a service I wasn't able to use. Then on top of that, they couldn't find my account. They actually said that it didn't exist.

I hung up and called back to deal with someone else, just to make sure that maybe it was just that one particular service rep, but of course..... that time it wasn't.

How can you

Latanya
Raeford, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2003 05:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Connect/internet/Walmart-Connect-Internet-wont-connect-victimized-many-consumers-cheap-is-right-Internet-51950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Connect

I am an employee of Wal-Mart ... 'What's the problem?'

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Responding to: "Walmart Connect Internet won't connect victimized many consumers cheap is right Internet "

Although I am an employee of Wal-Mart I must say that I have had NO problem using Wal-Mart Connect as my internet connection. I have Windows 98-2nd edition, and use a checking account deduction method of payment. I am most happy with this program which I am using to access this program and to send this message. So I say to all the NAY-SAYERS, 'What's the problem?'

wmconnect is great

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

I have been using wmconnect since it came out in the Wal-Mart stores. I too have XP, and have had no trouble using the site. Its the only server I will use. It is easy, and user friendly. I suspect that the users having problems are not having problems caused by wmconnect, but may be having a problem with their machines.

AUTHOR: Tricia - (U.S.A.)

I was just responding to the various people who have had problems with or just don't like the WM Connect Internet Service. I have been a subscriber for over 6 months and have never had a problem. I also have Windows XP and after installation, was surfing the web and conducting business within minutes.

My account is set up as an auto-deduct and I haven't had any issues there either.

I am an ex-associate of Wal-Mart and have absolutely nothing bad to say about their web service not their stores.