Complaint Review: Walmart Debit Visa Card

• Reported By: June — Redwater Texas
Walmart Debit Visa Card
P.O. Box 1187 Monrovia, California USA

Walmart Debit Visa Card Theft, Fraud Monrovia California

On June 12, 2013 at 4:36 pm I purchased a Walmart Visa Debit card.  I loaded $500.00 onto the card.  I also bought a money pak to load an additional $330.00 on it.  I was using this card to purchase a airline ticket to go to my son's graduation in San Diego.  The cashier told me to take the card home, activate it and then add the money pak to it and I would be good to go.   I got home and did everything step by step like she said and the $330.00 showed up but not the $500.00.

I immediately called the customer service number and was put on hold several times.  The rep said it would take 24 hours for them to research it and find my money.  This was call #1.

After 24 hours, I called again, call #2.  No money.  Next, I returned to Walmart with all the receipts, cards and packages in hand.  Spoke with the Manager, the accounting manager, and the theft protection person.  They pulled the tape and watched the sale, making sure the cashier did everything right.  She did.  The Walmart manager then called customer service, call #3, and still no money.

Ater returning home, I called them again, call #4, and told the rep I wanted to speak with the highest person there, and I got the supervisor.  He then informed me I needed to fax in receipts.  I live 30 miles from Walmart, it was 6:30 pm and nothing was open to fax.  He told me take a picture of the receipt and send in an email.  I did.  Called back, call #5, and was told that it would take another 24 hours to look at the receipt and try to find my money.

Here I sit, on day 2, still waiting on my $500.00.  If it does not come today, I will not get to see my son graduate.  I will call this evening, and if they give me the run around again, I am going back to Walmart, contacting the newspaper, TV and a attorney to meet me there and publish this.  I will never buy a Walmart product again.  This is a scam, and you can not even talk to anyone that understands English.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2013 06:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Debit-Visa-Card/Monrovia-California-91017/Walmart-Debit-Visa-Card-Theft-Fraud-Monrovia-California-1059091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Debit Visa Card