Complaint Review: Walmart Family Mobile

• Updated: Fri, May 17, 2013

• Reported By: Debra — Raleigh North Carolina
Walmart Family Mobile
Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Walmart Family Mobile I canceled service with them two days after starting due to the fact that they didn't transfer my existing phone number instead transposed the phone number and gave me a new number. I received a bill from them for two days of service they said I had which I will not pay because I never used the phone as it had a phone number I didn't know about. Raleigh North Carolina

*Author of original report: Walmart Family Mobile

*Consumer Comment: Porting over numbers

I received a bill for two days of services which I never used.  I had requested that the plan be started with my current phone number which was transposed by them unbeknownst to me so I waited for my phone service to be activated which didn't happen so I called and found out about the mistake at which time I decided to not use them as my cell phone provider.  I called to resolve my complaint and as of 3 mos. later am still receiving a bill.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2013 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Family-Mobile/Raleigh-North-Carolina-27612/Walmart-Family-Mobile-I-canceled-service-with-them-two-days-after-starting-due-to-the-fa-1051718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Family Mobile

Walmart Family Mobile

AUTHOR: Debra - ()

I didn't have a problem with my carrier not allowing the number to be ported.  If you read what I said correctly you would see that I said the number had been transposed therefore it wasn't the number I had requested so I didn't have service in which anyone could contact me.

Porting over numbers

AUTHOR: Final Frame - ()

I'm sorry to hear about your service issues but the fault is not with family mobile.  If you try to port a number from any carrier to another the company holding the phone number does not have to release it.  So if they refuse then there is absolutely nothing the carrier trying to get the number can do.