Complaint Review: Walmart Family Mobile

• Reported By: Gerald G — Fayetteville North Carolina
Walmart Family Mobile
Nationwide USA

Walmart Family Mobile Billing rip off Nationwide

I had a walmart family mobile account for 3 months from Feb. 2014 to May 2014. In May I got a new phone by a new carrier and I called Family mobile to cancel my service. I was informed by the phone rep that my service had been canceled. I was to understand that this was the end of it.

Fast forward to July 2014, I receive a letter in the mail informing me that my line has been suspended due to an outstanding balance of $87.32.

How could I have an outstanding balance on a cancelled line?

I called customer service, and explained that this line should have been canceled, and that I had called in that request back in May. They stated that they had no record of my call and they informed me that they could not remove the charge, and that I would need to email Customer Relations, I was told that Customer Relations would write off the charge considering that after checking, they see there is no activity on the line.

I email Customer Relations, who wrote back about a day later informing me that they had no record of my call and they could not remove the charge. They referred me back to Customer Service to pay the bill.

I have written back, once again reitterating that I had requested a cancellation, and that due to an error on thier part, my line was not cancelled, apparently, and that I would not be paying for services that I requested be cancelled.

I await a response, but I am already seeing bad signs, especially since I just saw a similar issue posted on this site about them. They're just after your money, and have NO concept of custmer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2014 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Family-Mobile/nationwide/Walmart-Family-Mobile-Billing-rip-off-Nationwide-1164000. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Family Mobile